Dead Birdog

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fishface

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
I have a birdog Version 2.5 and I went to download new software and the dog went and died. Battery is fine, holding a charge, charging unit is fine, charging battery. The dog will not start up. Has anyone had this problem. Has It been disabled? Any ideas.

I have the same dog. Assuming it was working properly before you did the file upgrade, I'd go through the update again after downloading a clean update file.

Remember not to exceed the # of items in the download. I did that once and the dog didn't like that file at all! Also, there are some downloads on the site that are marked for the newer meters - don't select them by accident.

Mike

I have a birdog Version 2.5 and I went to download new software and the dog went and died. Battery is fine, holding a charge, charging unit is fine, charging battery. The dog will not start up. Has anyone had this problem. Has It been disabled? Any ideas.

Fish,
there's a lot of info on the webpage:
birdog.tv

this was one of them:

Please note that the settings and lists downloadable from this site will work only in BirDog meters sold by Perfect-10 Satellite Distributing, USA. The data is unusable in similar meters purchased elsewhere AND the upload will result in a disabled meter.

This has something to do with older units, I saw something the other day while browsing thru the site, you mayn have to look abit, but hopefully your dog is not dead.

There also is a Contact Us page.
Might want to try that too.

Good Luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)