Dead radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
He radio in my Jetta does nothing but display CDC HARDWARE ERROR and will have to be replaced. I recently renewed. Will Sirius transfer over the remaining subscription without a lot of hassle? I'd rather know BEFORE I call them.

Sigh. Out of warranty. About $660 parts and labor. Aftermarket not advisable, since the radio is tied in to climate control, steering wheel controls, etc.

Try getting a tuner from a salvage yard. Make sure it comes from the same kind of vehicle you have. And ask if you can return it and get your money back. If they ask why, tell them, XM did not allow you to activate the tuner because it had an outstanding balance and needed to be paid before a reactivation could be done.

Good idea. If I owned the car I'd do that. But it's a company car and it's already in the shop.

Well, it turns out the RADIO was bad, but the SIRIUS RADIO module, located elsewhere in the car, was fine. But it needs the radio to work thru. So I did not have to call Sirius.

One quirk was that all my Sirius presets were gone. But as soon as I pressed each preset button, the correct station reappeared.

All is well. If you ignore the $600+ gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)