Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
DC returns Tuesday April 12.

From the website:

"The dark clouds and long shadow of their father's death still hang heavy on sons Josh and Jake Harris but now they need to show the rest of the fleet that they can come back and step it up as co-owners of the Cornelia Marie.

After briefly auditioning successors in the wheelhouse of the Time Bandit last season, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand are center stage again with no intention of stepping down but they soon find their lucky streak in crabbing could be coming to an end.

Over on the Northwestern, Captain Sig Hansen is left guessing if his brother Edgar is even showing up at all this season. And the usually steady and reliable, Captain Keith Colburn gambles on uncharted fishing grounds hoping for a big payoff for the Wizard.

Two new boats join the fleet this season. Dubbed "the floating frat house," the Ramblin' Rose introduces a young, rowdy crew skippered by Elliott Neese, all of 28 years old, and already boasting about his fishing prowess. Seabrooke Captain Scott Campbell Jr., 36, adds youth and cockiness as well but behind the steely confidence, Junior is still haunted by the loss of a deckhand at sea. Can he battle back and conquer his demons?"

PROVING GROUNDS (Premiere: April 19 at 10 p.m. E/P)

Across the Bering Sea crab fleet, bad fishing causes high tensions and low morale as empty pots whittle away profits and nerves among the men.

WATCH FOR:

Empty pots rekindle hostility aboard the Cornelia Marie.
Crew poaching really ticks off a crew.
Jake takes the Northwestern's helm but wrestles with personal demons.
Seabrooke and Ramblin' Rose experience polar opposites of fishing fortune.

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY (Premiere: April 26 at 10 p.m. E/P)
Jake Harris gets a sink-or-swim lesson on driving the Cornelia Marie as danger strikes the Wizard when a crew member gets caught in the line.

WATCH FOR:

Jake Harris takes the helm but opens a rift with the Cornelia Marie's new skipper.
Captain Scott defies the fishing odds, but a bitter, jealous deck boss, mars his triumph.
The Ramblin' Rose must makes a difficult choice to save the crabs in its tanks.

Wow! The new Captain (Derrick Ray) and the Harris' have been clashing all season, but tonight's show promises to hold no punches. Here are a few snippets from the commercial I've seen about tonight's show:

Derrick Ray: "I know there's dope on this boat somewhere."
Josh Harris: "You came into this house and you try to take it over."
Derrick Ray: "Who does this belog to..."
Jake Harris: "It's not mine."
Derrick Ray: "I'll go a little CSI on your BLEEP."
Jake Harris: "You want respect...you know, respect is earned."
Derrick Ray: "You're a drug addict and a pathological liar."

Wow! The new Captain (Derrick Ray) and the Harris' have been clashing all season, but tonight's show promises to hold no punches. Here are a few snippets from the commercial I've seen about tonight's show:

Derrick Ray: "I know there's dope on this boat somewhere."
Josh Harris: "You came into this house and you try to take it over."
Derrick Ray: "Who does this belog to..."
Jake Harris: "It's not mine."
Derrick Ray: "I'll go a little CSI on your BLEEP."
Jake Harris: "You want respect...you know, respect is earned."
Derrick Ray: "You're a drug addict and a pathological liar."

jumptheshark.jpg

Great episode last night! Two things I came away with: 1) Jake Harris is a dope-head and 2) Captain Derrick Ray is a cheesedick. Really, this guy is an incredible ass...and his blue crap "strategy" pretty much screwed the boat owners and everyone working on the boat. There wouldn't have been any drama if this guy just did his job.

Did anyone watch last night's show? Comments? Offhand, I would say that Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dummy need to hire a better skipper (not some knucklehead fishing for Blue Crab in Russia) and get serious about fishing or they're going bankrupt. No way would Phil Harris have weighed-in such embarrassing numbers.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)