Deadliest Catch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
The new season of the Deadliest Catch premires Tuesday April 13, at 9PM/E on the Discovery Channel.

This of course, is the last season, with Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie, who passed away in February. Staffer at Discovery Channel said Captain Phil asked to keep the cameras rolling as he entered his final days.

You are welcome to discuss this...or any season of Deadliest Catch here!

I tend to fast forward a lot through this show. There's only so many crab pots you can watch them count.

I am looking forward to seeing the Captain Phil story line. I met him, his boys and Johnathan Hillstrand few years ago at the Central Market in Plano. I didnt know they were going to be there. Just stumbled upon them while grocery shopping.

The Phil story is going to be a heartbreaker. I'm sure that the rest of the crew will be devistated. I wonder if they will even be able to finish the season. If I remember correctly they were about half way through the season when he passed away right?

Looking forward to this season! But I really hope they won't overdo the Phil's story...

Good episode tonight...they didn't even mentioned Capt. Phil's passing. Good thing because a lot of casual viewer probably think the episodes are recorded near real-time. I love how the season almost kicked-off with a fist fight...

I liked the new intro's in the opening sequence.....

Kind of weird how Sig predicted a "bad omen" because of the unusually calm waters at that time of year and what happens later to Capt. Phil.

Actually just before that Phil also mentioned how calm it was and how that could be a bad sign.

I didn't like the Jonathon -vs- Keith fight. Although Keith does seem to just do what he wants at times and probably deserved the bitch slap.

Overall I thought the first episode was pretty awful until they finally got out to sea and ship sinking and stuff at the end. It was a setup episode for the rest of the season, they didn't just cross but instead it pole vaulted over the line of 'this is people living their lives doing a deadly job' and firmly into 'Day of our Lives' territory with how the swapping of crewmembers and the Captain's code being broken or whatever.

Overall I thought the first episode was pretty awful until they finally got out to sea and ship sinking and stuff at the end. It was a setup episode for the rest of the season, they didn't just cross but instead it pole vaulted over the line of 'this is people living their lives doing a deadly job' and firmly into 'Day of our Lives' territory with how the swapping of crewmembers and the Captain's code being broken or whatever.
To be honest...every episode is nothing more than a soap on a boat, and it's only interesting because the cameramen and producers bait the cast and crew into saying and/or doing something stupid. After all...how interesting would it be to watch grown men baiting, pulling, and unloading pots for 60-minutes each each week? Not very! Seriously, the show really isn't anything more than a "guys soap opera" as Sig Hansen recently mentioned.

Anyway, Capt. Sig didn't exactly do a very good job of promoting the show recently... (funny video): 'Deadliest Catch's' Sig Hansen Insults His Older Female Fans (VIDEO) - Inside TV

I really liked this episode ...

I liked the "twist" of deckhands; I like the new Captain; Anytime a boat sinks and people get off is worth watching; I liked the throw-down at what is suppose to be an easy dunk "happy talk" segment, and I like that editing is giving the audience credit of knowing what happened to Phil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)