Deal or no deal?

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
Just chatted with a CSR. He was offering me a 922 to replace my obsolete 622 for "only" $200 and $95 service call fee, but would waive the fee if I signed up for the protection plan. Of course, I would have to agree to a two-year contract (contract free now). Deal or no deal? :D

It depends on what you want. If you want to be on the cutting edge the 922 is the way to go. If you want the best value, the best option would be to go with a 722/722k connect an external HDD and take advantage of the Sling Adapter rebate offer with the $99 gift card. If you want we can take handle the order directly, just PM me your account number.

Does the $99.00 Sling Adapter have the same limitation as the built in sling in the 922?

That is, one can only watch via sling/dish website?....(ie cant use stand alone software)

Just chatted with a CSR. He was offering me a 922 to replace my obsolete 622 for "only" $200 and $95 service call fee, but would waive the fee if I signed up for the protection plan. Of course, I would have to agree to a two-year contract (contract free now). Deal or no deal? :D

$200 is the standard fee to upgrade to a 922. $95 is the standard installation fee without protection plan, $15 fee with protection plan and $36 for 6 mo. of protection plan is $51 so why not add protection plan instead of paying $95. Any dish in it upgrade has a 24 mo. contract so you aren't being offered anything.
Unless there is something nrgative on your account DIRT should be able to sweeten the deal!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on what you want. If you want to be on the cutting edge the 922 is the way to go. If you want the best value, the best option would be to go with a 722/722k connect an external HDD and take advantage of the Sling Adapter rebate offer with the $99 gift card. If you want we can take handle the order directly, just PM me your account number.

"cutting edge" ????

:haha:haha:haha

Well, it seems the only selling points for the 922 are 3D support and the beautiful new EPG design with all the logos and cover art for programming, etc.: eye candy. But NICE eye candy.

You can't turn it off. But you can plug a stand alone Slingbox into one of the output ports on the 922. Like you can with any other Satellite/Cable box.
Can the sling player in the 922 be turned off so one can use a full featured stand alone sling player like the Slingbox PRO-HD?
The question would be .. why would you want to?

There's enough negative press on the 922 all over this board to suggest the "eye candy" isn't worth 200 dollars. Not in the midst of recordings disappearing, not when the 3d output isn't really worth all that (remember you'll pay more for 3d rentals and that's *if and when* they become popular enough to carry stuff you haven't already purchased or seen ... ie 7.99 for 3d or 5.99 for HD, 4.99 for SD)

And the 722k *can* support 3d ... its just something with dish as to whether or not the content will come through...

The 722k has the capability to view 3D VOD, but at this time there are no 3D movies available for it.

Currently, only the 922 has 3D VOD titles that are able to be viewed
Sunday-Thursday 2:45p-11:15p (MST)
SO... Stick with the advice pretty much everyone has.. don't waste the 200 bucks for the 922 ... and if you DO still go for the 922 ... get an EHD and backup important things you want to keep. Keep it clear on all sides making sure its got really good airflow (applies to the 722's also) ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts