NEW YORK LOCALS IN DELAWARE

delawareguy08

Jun 27, 2011
Delaware
I have a question, I moved to Milford Delaware (20 miles South of Dover DE) because of a work transfer from NJ.

But i'm missing my NY Local channels, Can i "MOVE BACK TO MY OLD ADDRESS" to be able to get them?

My friend who lives 5 minutes from me and has an RV gets the NY locals, So i was wondering can i and would my Dish need to be moved or is it something i have to change on my settings after i "MOVED"..

Any help on this would be great. :)

If you are still within the NYC spotbeam, you can "move" your service address to and address within the NYC DMA and get the NYC locals.

Just be aware that if you need service, you will have to move your service address back to you ractual address before a tech comes out to do a service call.

It can be tedious and does violate your service agreement, but many do it anyway..

New York big 4 in SD are CONUS on 119 satellite
WPIX & WWOR are CONUS on both

I dont think HD spotbeams reach Delaware...they are smaller than SD spotbeams

My friend has an RV and lives 5 mins from me and we were watching New York locals at his house today in HD, I changed my address and then i got a message saying my locals could not be received, How does that work?

Dish now offers distant networks in HD to RV owners and truckers. He can get what we fixed dish customers can't get. :( Iceberg is right. The spotbeam you see in DE is not the one for NY. This is due to the fact that Dish has reoriented E12 to the northeast. Spotbeam maps on this site for E12 are not very close to their true ground footprint these days. The rest so far as I have seen look spot on. ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts