Deal with NPS to "save" distants on DISH!

On a whim, I put in 3 legitimate names/address/zipcodes/phone numbers in the Virgin Islands as that is clearly a White Area and another member was cleared online.

I did the same for known white areas in the Northwest - and all came back not qualified - though some are literally hundreds of miles away from any TV transmitter.

It appears that they are only subbing current Dish Subscribers who's name/zip/phone number match up on the DNS form with a white area - the non-Dish subs are getting turned down as not qualifying - which might also be why they are asking for a card number.

If this is indeed the case, the Chinese Wall is already down.

Not to sound dumb, but how do you get your smart card number on a 622 receiver? I put in my address and I wasn't qualified, even though I've had distants since I had my C band over 10 years ago. I also used my condo number out in the boonies and didn't qualify there either.

Not to sound dumb, but how do you get your smart card number on a 622 receiver? I put in my address and I wasn't qualified, even though I've had distants since I had my C band over 10 years ago. I also used my condo number out in the boonies and didn't qualify there either.

If you are a current Dish sub - and in a legit white area - look at your dish bill and put in the info exactly as it appears on that and see if it makes any difference.

Any one have there Ph. number & Address ?

Does anyone happen to have The All American Direct/ Nps peoples Phone number and Address for this company in case theres problems or need to speak to them later on ?

Does anyone happen to have The All American Direct/ Nps peoples Phone number and Address for this company in case theres problems or need to speak to them later on ?
You best bet is to wait until later today before trying to contact them.

This was a last min thing and they are not staffed for the amount of calls they are getting.

CONFUSED!!! ...type in address and zip and email addy...get "not presently qualified". Then check my email requesting "smart card #s". When I try and respond to the email I get --

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'support@mydistannetworks.com'. Subject 'Re: AllAmericanDirect.com Eligibility Request', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Anyone else have the same problem???

Thanks

Bruce, N of Seattle

CONFUSED!!! ...type in address and zip and email addy...get "not presently qualified". Then check my email requesting "smart card #s". When I try and respond to the email I get --

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'support@mydistannetworks.com'. Subject 'Re: AllAmericanDirect.com Eligibility Request', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Thanks

Bruce, N of Seattle

Yes. I tried several variations of the email. One finally went through. Try spelling "support" instead of "supprt"

That said: Nothing happened

Thanks

Bruce, N of Seattle

Total Speculation - remember today, 12/1 is the day that an Al Queda website said they were going to try and crash the web - especially financial websites etc - that deal with money.

Odds are the flood of emails triggered something that the NOC was watching today for the internet attacks and they turned it off temporarily - not knowing why all the sudden this site is getting hit with all these email delivery attempts.

Think about it - they've gone from none to whatever in literally an hour - on the day Al Queda said to attack the web.

The error message said basically it was a DNS issue.

I do know Comcast has been having DNS problems today.

I would try sending it again later.

(I am also on Comcast) :)

Interesting that Comcast is having DNS problems today. I wonder if Comcast DNS servers are getting flooded with DOS attacks.

What are the channel numbers for the DNS?

Can someone tell me what are the channel numbers for these DNS Channels ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts