Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dear DIRECTV,

CES is coming up next week in Las Vegas and as is the norm, DIRECTV will not be having an official booth on the show floor but as we understand DIRECTV will be showing off new products at various vendor booths and the private DIRECTV suite.

We have been hearing some amazing things about your upcoming new products and would love to see them and report on them for our members. After all SatelliteGuys is America's Largest and Most Popular Satellite Information forum, serving around a half million unique IP addresses each and every month!

I am sure our members would love to see and learn more about your new HR-46 4K Genie System, your upcoming lower cost HR-54 and deatils on how DIRECTV customers may soon be able to use their Sony Playstation's as a Genie RVU client!

We have openings on our schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday and would love to meet with DIRECTV and see these exciting new products! Our members are hungry for more DIRECTV news and information and we are here to help provide them with what they seek. Please contact our DIRECTV liaison Don Ferguson at dfergie at satelliteguys.us to set something up.

Please help us help our members Feel The Joy of DIRECTV! We look forward to seeing you at CES!

Dear DIRECTV, CES is coming up next week in Las Vegas and as is the norm, DIRECTV will not be having an official booth on the show floor but as we understand DIRECTV will be showing off new products at various vendor booths and the private DIRECTV suite. We have been hearing some amazing things about your upcoming new products and would love to see them and report on them for our members. After all SatelliteGuys is America's Largest and Most Popular Satellite Information forum, serving around a half million unique IP addresses each and every month! I am sure our members would love to see and learn more about your new HR-46 4K Genie System, your upcoming lower cost HR-54 and deatils on how DIRECTV customers may soon be able to use their Sony Playstation's as a Genie RVU client! We have openings on our schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday and would love to meet with DIRECTV and see these exciting new products! Our members are hungry for more DIRECTV news and information and we are here to help provide them with what they seek. Please contact our DIRECTV liaison Don Ferguson at dfergie at satelliteguys.us to set something up. Please help us help our members Feel The Joy of DIRECTV! We look forward to seeing you at CES!

+1!!
From one of your investors Directv:)

Dear DIRECTV,

CES is coming up next week in Las Vegas and as is the norm, DIRECTV will not be having an official booth on the show floor but as we understand DIRECTV will be showing off new products at various vendor booths and the private DIRECTV suite.

We have been hearing some amazing things about your upcoming new products and would love to see them and report on them for our members. After all SatelliteGuys is America's Largest and Most Popular Satellite Information forum, serving around a half million unique IP addresses each and every month!

I am sure our members would love to see and learn more about your new HR-46 4K Genie System, your upcoming lower cost HR-54 and deatils on how DIRECTV customers may soon be able to use their Sony Playstation's as a Genie RVU client!

We have openings on our schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday and would love to meet with DIRECTV and see these exciting new products! Our members are hungry for more DIRECTV news and information and we are here to help provide them with what they seek. Please contact our DIRECTV liaison Don Ferguson at dfergie at satelliteguys.us to set something up.

Please help us help our members Feel The Joy of DIRECTV! We look forward to seeing you at CES!
Or shoot me a PM if onsite ... :)

An update!

We have met with a few folks from Directv and they are trying to get us into the Directv suite at the MGM to see Directvs goodies.

I hope they can do it as we want to promote the upcoming directv products to our members.

Come on directv you have our contact info and the next move is up to you.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

An update!

We have met with a few folks from Directv and they are trying to get us into the Directv suite at the MGM to see Directvs goodies.

I hope they can do it as we want to promote the upcoming directv products to our members.

Come on directv you have our contact info and the next move is up to you.

Thanks and can't wait for updates!!:)

If the folks at Directv are reading this thread, as a new subscriber to Directv I recommend that you consider this request. Prior to my decision to subscribe to your service this forum was my sole source of credible information helping me make my decision to subscribe to Directv.

What's with all of the secrecy? Dish showing the products they have in the pipeline is actually really nice..

Last edited:
Well I just had an interesting encounter with DIRECTV CEO Michael White.

Mr White immediately knew who I was and said "Hi Scott."

I asked him if he had time to talk or do an interview and he said "no!"

Then he turned around and said he was headed to a meeting with the FCC commissioner.

We shook hands and I gave him my business card as he headed to his meeting.

As Americas Largest and most popular satellite site I do hope I get to speak with Mr. White again in the future.

Interesting update... After meeting Mr. White we went to Samsung booth and as we were walking around looking at tv a group of Directv employees came over to us asking us if we were from SatelliteGuys. We said yes and then a few questions were asked back and forth and we were giving some information.

Well we are now checking into the info we were given... And we are excited!

Hopefully we will have some interesting stuff to share later on. :)

Thanks to the help of a group of DIRECTV employees we saw what we wanted to see. It validated everything I have been told.

But with that said I am conflicted as I sure what we saw was probably not officially blessed by Directv. The folks who helped us were fans of SatelliteGuys and for that we thank them.

I don't want to see anyone lose their jobs for wanting to help us promote their product. We hold no alliance to any satellite company and we are here to promote the industry and help our members get the most from their satellite service.

If I post anything from what we were shown it will be days from now to protect everyone who helped us and I am not sure what Directv would be ok with us posting and would not want us to post. If Directv asks us not to post anything we will indeed honor their request.

We are trying to build a relationship with Directv not build a higher wall.

Once again we thank those who went out if their way to help us to see what we wanted to see. I honestly got to say I am very excited by the future of Directv!

Glad to hear some of the team at DirecTV opening up the invitation. I'm sure there are things they don't want public yet, for competitive reasons, and it makes sense to acknowledge that. Hopefully the rest of the DirecTV team will open the dialogue with Satelliteguys so we can share the right information with Satelliteguys members.

People love their DirecTV service, I know I do, and having a glimpse at what the future holds keeps that excitement going. To think of it in a DirecTV business sense, sharing product and service developments engages the existing customer base, and can create buzz in the non-customer. It can reduce churn and even open the gate to new customers, power users likely to have high-end equipment and higher subscriptions, the group that DirecTV seeks most. We have that excited member base, open that door. A dialogue with Scott on what is sensitive information (for competitive reasons or otherwise) and what would be good public information can go a long way for both DirecTV and our members, many of which are DirecTV customers.

I'm hoping to see the inside information here. I prefer this site, but the info seems to have been choked off for a while. Best of luck on building that relationship. It will certainly go a long way for both SatGuys and DirecTV. Like Jason said...just knowing something is coming down the pike may help those on the fence of churning. For me, the bill is just a bit south of $200 every month. Keeping us interested couldn't hurt.

Put it in the pub Scott.
You know. What goes on in the pub stays in the pub:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)