Dear Dish Network....

LASooner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 29, 2005
....thanks for nothing.

I was excited when I saw the Fox Sports Net schedule in August and it had the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game listed as an HD game.. I thought, surely by late November they'll have Fox Sports Net in HD, but here we are some 4 months later and I'll be watching the game in blurry SD. So thanks for nothing. I know there's 1 or 2 people on this message board who are right there with me today.

Can Dish get it together for College Basketball? :(

I am with you brother. I purchased a 622 so I would be able to watch the Colts in hd as promised by Dish back in the spring. Here we are close to 07 and still no hd locals. I am too far out of range for off air and with an 18 month commitment to Dish for the 622 feel lied to and stuck. I plan to switch to Directv when the 18 months are up.

Another Sooner fan here who is completely disgusted with E* for their lying over this matter.

I too will seriously consider switching back to D* asap over this issue.

They will probably turn it on "very soon" now that college football is done on FOX.

Pitiful business tactic for the long haul. I will not forget it, and will be an avid spokesman against E8 because of this.

Fortunately I just switched my office broadband to Cox, so I had to reroute cables and go get a cable card for my sony ota hddvr and watch it on CoxHD. Great game and no blurrivision. Just not the outcome I was I wanting to see. Although I would rather see OU than Texas in the BIG12 title game next week.

I live in Tulsa and the locals were promised in HD by the end of 2006. I thought surely I would see the Sooners in HD before the end of the season. Sent an e-mail 3 weeks ago to Dish to register my frustration and never even received a reply. If they are not available by the beginning of next season, Adios to Dish (I hate Cox but love my Sooners and HD).

I could honestly care less if Dish provides HD LIL in Tulsa. It is pretty easy to get an OTA signal if your within 50 miles of Tulsa. Further than that and you have to work some. I know it would help some with recording conflicts, but I already have another ota hddvr that I don't have to pay dish for and would prefer they concentrate on improving the quality and fixing any mpeg4 problems before adding more locals to an already crippled satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts