Dear Dish... (The breakup letter)

Not yet....... Im waiting untill after im installed with D* and that will be within the week...

I always tell everybody, don't cancel 1 service until the new 1 is installed & working. Good move goaliebob. No sense in doing without.

Not yet....... Im waiting untill after im installed with D* and that will be within the week...

You said the upfront costs were a NO for you. So are you taking it in the A** just to upset (not) Charlie??? Whatever, logic will always be in the shadows with you.

Great letter goliebob. Too bad some here are more interested in making fun while they continue to have their heads so far in the sand they can't see straight. Yea I know the patent rebuke, "If you don't like it then Leave". Some of us would rather try and fix the problems instead of encouraging there blind acceptance. But I guess every shepherd needs it's sheep.

You said the upfront costs were a NO for you. So are you taking it in the A** just to upset (not) Charlie??? Whatever, logic will always be in the shadows with you.

He can speak for himself, but he did say the Bing cashback was what put it over. The Bing cashback is a good offer. I think it's 40% up to the end of July.

i'm happy for all of you who have switched to directtv!!! Having said that, this is the DISH NETWORK FORUM, soooo... please have a little dignity left and GO AWAY! you make me sick with all your whining, and we all know you switched because you finally realized everyone here is annoyed by your presence. I doubt your presence will be welcome in the D* forum for long if you complain in the manner their as you have here. good riddance.

nah. The D* subs respect folks and not whine because someone is posting a legit gripe :)

So Bob, as I see it, there are 3 primary issues:

1. HD RSNs
2. Local HD LiL
3. Disney dispute

Thing is, you knew 2 out of the 3 the day you signed up. Seems you you wanted to save few bucks, and expected a multi-million dollar company to conform to your personal desires.

You asked Charlie point blank on live TV, and he gave you an answer, 1 year, but you didn't even last 3 months.

I for one am glad Charlie isn't bending over to the sports networks. For a lot of us, we are saving way more than $2 a month with dish.

Or heck, maybe we will see Charlie launch CSN Chicago tomorrow just out of spite. Either way, I'm glad I won't be seeing any more posts complaining about HD RSNs from you

So Bob, as I see it, there are 3 primary issues:

1. HD RSNs
2. Local HD LiL
3. Disney dispute

Thing is, you knew 2 out of the 3 the day you signed up. Seems you you wanted to save few bucks, and expected a multi-million dollar company to conform to your personal desires.

You asked Charlie point blank on live TV, and he gave you an answer, 1 year, but you didn't even last 3 months.

I for one am glad Charlie isn't bending over to the sports networks. For a lot of us, we are saving way more than $2 a month with dish.

Or heck, maybe we will see Charlie launch CSN Chicago tomorrow just out of spite. Either way, I'm glad I won't be seeing any more posts complaining about HD RSNs from you

Actually, 2 of the 3 came about... Disney and Local issue... D* just recently launched the Extra locals as well as Disney was just recently yanked. It was my hopes that Dish would add the RSN's in full time HD and I would have been happy.

Now that D* has launched movies, and I have the bing cashback offer, that put it over the top. Inconjuction with the sell of my 211 that I own, I recoup most of the equipment costs. (It ends up being like I only pay 50 bucks to get D* back and I get most of the equipment back that I had)

Good, Im glad that you like having a 2nd class service as with dish network that's all your going to get, no matter what dish says.....

Goalie Bob is right.

I admit that I will switch when and if HD Absolute is discontinued. I can't have my 2 RSN's with HD Absolute, but when it is discontinued, I want full-time HD RSN's and the MLB channel. I also want all the NHL Center Ice HD games, not just the ones Dish has enough broadband for on any given night.

But I also have to admit, HD Absolute is a great bargain and I'm sticking with it as long as it is available and carries the HD channels I want...

Only dish is looking like the ass since it seems more folks who put up with E* for so long now moved or are moving to D*

So why do you post here so much about it? Every time you respond to anything, it's always to put Dish down and tout DirecTV. We get it - you don't like Dish. Can we move on now?

Pay Tv is Gay, I quit a long time ago with a server, XBMC, OTA and Netflix. Why pay to watch commercials?

So I take it you don't watch cablet shows like Burn Notice, White Collar, Covert Affairs, Rizzoli and Isles, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Royal Pains, Memphis Blues, The Closer, etc. (to name just a few currently running on USA, TNT, and Syfy) or of you do, you watch them much later when they come out on DVD or are available for streaming on Netflix? The DVR is for skipping through ads.

Commercials?

Pay Tv is Gay, I quit a long time ago with a server, XBMC, OTA and Netflix. Why pay to watch commercials?

What are those, that's why we have DVR's to skip them. So your not much better off than we are. I don't have netflix but I do get some things that I download to my 1 Tb secondary HDD on my Win 7 pro PC. So how much are you paying for Netflix & XBMC? I believe that both of those are not free services. OK I looked into XBMC and you can be a leech and not pay for it. Thing is if everyone does that it will not stay around.

Last edited:
What are those, that's why we have DVR's to skip them. So your not much better off than we are. I don't have netflix but I do get some things that I download to my 1 Tb secondary HDD on my Win 7 pro PC. So how much are you paying for Netflix & XBMC? I believe that both of those are not free services. OK I looked into XBMC and you can be a leech and not pay for it. Thing is if everyone does that it will not stay around.

I think he is saying that he downloads torrents and rips his netflix rentals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts