Dear Dish... (The breakup letter)

And Getting half as much.;)

I actually get more with Dishnetwork as an SD subscriber,Hallmark Movie Channel,more Cinemax Channels(2),HBO Comedy,Starz Comedy and Starz Family ect. ect..Since Dishnetwork's America's Everything Package is almost $15.00 cheaper than DirecTV's Premiere Package you would like to believe DirecTV would change their Premiere Package where you could exclude their MultiSports Package from it.:confused:

DirecTV did make an effort to compete with Dish with their Choice Ultimate package.But to ignore their SD subscribers will lead to more SD subscribers for Dishnetwork.:D

I actually get more with Dishnetwork as an SD subscriber,Hallmark Movie Channel,more Cinemax Channels(2),HBO Comedy,Starz Comedy and Starz Family ect. ect..Since Dishnetwork's America's Everything Package is almost $15.00 cheaper than DirecTV's Premiere Package you would like to believe DirecTV would change their Premiere Package where you could exclude their MultiSports Package from it.:confused:

DirecTV did make an effort to compete with Dish with their Choice Ultimate package.But to ignore their SD subscribers will lead to more SD subscribers for Dishnetwork.:D

I find that hard to believe. That is like saying, because of the growth of wireless phones and VOIP phones; more subscribers for landline phones will flock to the former Ma Bell Companies.

I find that hard to believe. That is like saying, because of the growth of wireless phones and VOIP phones; more subscribers for landline phones will flock to the former Ma Bell Companies.

They will if they believe like myself that wireless and VOIP are unsecured transmissions that can be intercepted.I guess I am "old school" but I will not give out personal information with those because of my concerns pertaining to security.:eek:;)

WOO HOO!!!

Welcome to the good side Bob :)

Where we have
HD RSN's...all the time. No needing to worry if the Cubs or Sox game (in your case) is in HD or not...IT IS!
Sprout for the little one
MLB Network...if you like baseball the MLB Net rocks!
no random receiver fees....add one its $5 :)
The U (WCIU) in HD (since they carry Sox & Cubs games)

and much more

Let us not forget, technology leading DVRs in the HR24, better picture quality, MLB and NFL and the awesome MRV!

Charlie makes statements on the Charlie Chats that for business reasons or whateever do not come true. Direct never makes any statements in advance of new channels or anything, so Direct does not upset its' customers. Does Direct ever make any advance specific announcements?

Goaliebob, glad you are able to move and be happy with Direct, I think you will enjoy what I think was your number one issue and that is the full time HD with RSN's. In the end while we love our TV providers, we each have our alliance to each company for various reasons and thats not a bad thing.

While I may be wrong on this GB showed some pasion in his posts because he saw good with Dish and if they changed a few things that may have put him over the top in his mind as a provider, but for Many Dish subs as well they are happy with there current set up and channel selection and thats ok as well!!

I don't even understand the HD RSN drama, and the MLB drama, since it's been that way forever anyway. A few people come on here and gripe about a longtime issue and how they're switching, and pronounce that that means Dish's sub count is going to take a hit. Come on. Nobody mentions the fact that they've got about 10 or 15 decent national HD channels that Direct doesn't have, or even have a timetable to add. Dish is in a lot better position than they were a couple years ago, when they weren't adding HD and sats were DOA after launch.

Direct never makes any statements in advance of new channels or anything, so Direct does not upset its' customers. Does Direct ever make any advance specific announcements?

actually they do. Directv likes to utilize the mail option to notify us of free views and new channels :)

I don't even understand the HD RSN drama, and the MLB drama, since it's been that way forever anyway. A few people come on here and gripe about a longtime issue and how they're switching, and pronounce that that means Dish's sub count is going to take a hit. Come on. Nobody mentions the fact that they've got about 10 or 15 decent national HD channels that Direct doesn't have, or even have a timetable to add. Dish is in a lot better position than they were a couple years ago, when they weren't adding HD and sats were DOA after launch.

Ok, let me ask you this. When you signed up for Dishnetwork, did you ask if your local team's broadcast would be on Dish and in HD; or did you just assume because they were pushing hard for a sale on "how you were getting more for less than that of cable tv".?

Its not an excuse, but you would assume that since they are competing against the local cable company, etc, and sending you mailings 2-3 times a week about switching, it would seem to me that they had everything that the other guys had and more; not less.

Ok, let me ask you this. When you signed up for Dishnetwork, did you ask if your local team's broadcast would be on Dish and in HD; or did you just assume because they were pushing hard for a sale on "how you were getting more for less than that of cable tv".?

Its not an excuse, but you would assume that since they are competing against the local cable company, etc, and sending you mailings 2-3 times a week about switching, it would seem to me that they had everything that the other guys had and more; not less.
I did. I compared price and channel guides and did Google searches Directv vs Dish Network and found on several sites, if you want Movies Dish if you want Sports-Direct. Dish also had the most channels I watch in HD. I have had E* since April 27, 2010.

I'm a sports junkie my wife likes movies. I'm more than certain we're not the only family in the world in this situation. Again I have to ask wouldn't the profit margins go thru the roof for which ever company strived to satisify both of our tv needs?

Sports freaks get more for their money with D*

Yep they do, especially if you pony up a lot more money! :)

I get all the sports I need from e* now, and in a bit I'll add the $7 sports pack for college football and the NFL redzone. More than enough and the way I watch pro football without all the button pushes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts