Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

Scott, it's not you.
They told you one thing and then they back-pedaled and told you something else.
That's not any fault of yours.
Both of these satellite companies always seem to give the new customers the world, and screw the existing ones that have been paying the bills all along so they'd HAVE a satellite company at all. -Let the churn begin.
-On a side note-
MattG and Tony, have been very helpful to me with different things lately. I'm still happy with Dish, but they -AND DirecTV- need to start treating ALL their paying customers as if they have equal value.

Yeah, like everyone else said, it's not your fault Scott. But I think you should change the other locked thread title to read, "Your voices have been ignored." :( Or else, "Penny wise - pound foolish decisions at Dish Network."

No fault with you Scott,you just posted what was sent to you,then Dish backed out.Oh well...Just hope Charlie re-considers his decision.

dont be sorry scott its not your fault you give us the best and most accurate information when you get it :) ty scott for all you do :)

What a crock . Scott you rock its not your fault your in bed with Tv provider with dissociative identity disorder. She looked hot at the bar and happy hour drinks are cheap. Then when you get hir home found out shes a working girl... No free Tricks with this pony.

Just a couple of questions / facts for Dish:

Guess what most new customers don't have at time of install? Established broadband service.

Guess what most existing customers do have? Established broadband service.

Thanks guys...

I just want to give you guys the most accurate information possible. And honestly there is still hope here, since posting I have heard some rumblings but nothing 100% solid. So keep your fingers crossed.

It was great seeing people excited about DISH Network again today. You guys dont know how fantastic this Sling Technology is. I do hope they let existing customers in on it even if they don't advertise it.

Goodnight everyone and keep those fingers crossed.

How well does this work over 3G? I want this, because apparently I can watch on my android (Verizon Thunderbolt). I have 4G at home, where my dish is, so that's pointless. But I'm just on 3G at work. And, for what it's worth, while it'd be cool to get it for free, I can afford the $100, so no complaining from me.

What a crock . Scott you rock its not your fault your in bed with Tv provider with dissociative identity disorder. She looked hot at the bar and happy hour drinks are cheap. Then when you get hir home found out shes a working girl... No free Tricks with this pony.
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

How well does this work over 3G? I want this, because apparently I can watch on my android (Verizon Thunderbolt). I have 4G at home, where my dish is, so that's pointless. But I'm just on 3G at work. And, for what it's worth, while it'd be cool to get it for free, I can afford the $100, so no complaining from me.
u don't have a very big picture on your phone..the bandwidth required is no problem for 3G

It works decently enough assuming you have sufficient upload bandwidth at your home. The 3g part of the equation wont be a problem. I use it often.

Guys, Sling works as Scott said with less than 3G just fine. I have been using it on my smartphone for years, before there even was 3G here in Ct.

While I might have picked one up for free, Sling just isn't that compelling to me. I just cannot see watching TV on my phone or at a remote location. I won't be buying one. It is a "cool" technology, but I just don't see it as being the be-all end-all like Charlie is making it out to be. If I'm not at home, it is generally because I need to do something other than watch TV (like work, or do something more fun). Maybe if I had a job where I had to travel it would be more important. I just have a feeling most people (and I'm not talking about people on this board--we are the geeks) don't care anything about having a Sling adapter. I'm thinking about my parents and my friends. I don't know anyone who would care about it. If I had it they might think it was "neat" but wouldn't care anything about having it themselves. I think some of us who are gadget freaks get all geeked out about something like this and forget that most of the people out there just want to sit on their couch and watch TV and don't care anything about all of these extras.

Scott, let me join the other members in saying you did nothing wrong. If any one was wrong I would put my money that someone at Dish leaked out incorrect info, or, as other have said, Dish decided to do an about face on the offer to existing subs.

The question I have about this promo, is does Dish really think new subs will be that interested in the Sling Adapter? Maybe I'm off base, but I would think that subs like us on SatelliteGuys are more likely to understand and be interested in the Sling technology than newbies.

Or, Is Dish trying to use this promo with new customer to "up sale" them into a bigger equipment purchase?

Ghpr13:confused:

Somehow I knew this one was too good to be true. But just as I started to believe it this happens.

Scott you are always trying to be first with whatever news is involved. that can be good but it virtually guarantees that you will occasionally get it wrong. Your batting average is not bad for this sort of thing. To be honest I asmire you for being so forthright with the fact that DISH apparently shifted direction on this one.

I would love this not in terms od slinging to my phone (almost useless to me personaly) but asa way to get HD to more rooms. But I will wait to see the other half of the product-----which is exactly where I wasa few days ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts