Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

I guess this really does go back to the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is"

I'm actually somewhat surprised at their total reversal on this. If I was Dish, I'd be doing anything that I could to make customers more "sticky". The external hard drives have done a great job in that, but something like this would help as well. Get people used to being able to sling and they will never go without. Even if they leave E* they will want to go out and buy a stand alone slingbox. Since E* is a partial owner of Sling it is a win/win. Even if they did a $99 purchase and a $50 rebate for current customers (so people at least felt like they were getting something for being a current customer) would go a long way. Dish, I know you are watching, maybe you should rethink this one?

This just sounds like classic "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing". Someone at Dish thought it would be a good idea to offer this to existing subs and put out that information. Someone higher up overruled that person.

And while getting a free Sling box would be a nice goodwill gesture, it isn't that big of a deal for me personally. I just wonder how many new subs will get it and then never use it. I'd have to think that this would apply to the majority. We sometimes forget on this board just how "into" this technology we are. Most people would say "meh" to a Slingbox.

Scott Greczkowski said:

If you call and ask about the promotion it will be granted. There is an option available to "tag" the account so that in 45 after you buy the online account will have option under "my offers" again this only starts after midnight cst and like Scott said wait till the 19th.

I felt it important to post this due to the way people were feeling shafted. Rightfully so. It is good to have friends with big mouths sometimes. So this info is second hand but I have no reason to doubt the validity.

If you call and ask about the promotion it will be granted. There is an option available to "tag" the account so that in 45 after you buy the online account will have option under "my offers" again this only starts after midnight cst and like Scott said wait till the 19th.

I felt it important to post this due to the way people were feeling shafted. Rightfully so. It is good to have friends with big mouths sometimes. So this info is second hand but I have no reason to doubt the validity.

Until the info changes. The only constant is change.

This just sounds like classic "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing". Someone at Dish thought it would be a good idea to offer this to existing subs and put out that information. Someone higher up overruled that person.

And while getting a free Sling box would be a nice goodwill gesture, it isn't that big of a deal for me personally. I just wonder how many new subs will get it and then never use it. I'd have to think that this would apply to the majority. We sometimes forget on this board just how "into" this technology we are. Most people would say "meh" to a Slingbox.

When the Sling technology first came out I had a buddy who was all excited about getting it for watching The Chicago White Soxs on his Blackberry, but for some reason it didn't work for him, so he lost all interest in it. Never even talks about it any more. Yet at the time he was all set to buy it regardless of price.

Ghpr13:)

Are you saying that existing customers WILL Be able to take advantage of the offer? If not what are you saying?

Last edited:
Are you saying that existing customers WILL Be able to take advantage of the offer? If not waht are you saying?
The way its sounding now any DISH customer who calls in and meets the requirements will be able to get the deal, however the deal will not be advertised.

Of course (as we have seen) all this is subject to change... but it IS what I am hearing today.

So what are the requirements? Do I need to have my account "tagged?" Do I need to be a new customer? Am I eligible if I don't like Glenn Beck? What if I don't watch Torchwood? Surely there isa catch in here somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)