Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just got off phone with dishnetwork. They are offering the sling adapter promotion to existing customers.
I pick up one about two months ago. That figures and I don't need one on my 922. I also have a classic slingbox,
that I was thinking about replacing on another 722 that I have.

Just got off the phone after successfully ordering the sling adapter. Have to wait 45 days from the order to then request the rebate online using a # provided during the call. The # was noted on the account in case I forget or lose the number. Just had to hold for a little bit while he checked into the details.

I went to the dishnetwork website this morning, looks like they updated it with some new Dish VS Directv stuff and they have the three month blockbuster promotion and the sling promotion

I just got off the phone with them and after a short wait on hold they are sending me the Sling Adapter and told me to go to the web site for the mail-in-rebate form.

I called and the CSR told me that I could only get the rebate if I purchased through a retailer. Obviously he's not right but didn't feel like trying to convince him otherwise. I'll probably just try again tomorrow when things are more settled.

What number are people calling? I tried 1-800-333-3474. I hit 0, then answered "new equipment" when asked for a specific category.

Last edited:
I went through tech support and then said, "representative".

I must say that I'm a bit sad this is only for Top 200 subscribers. I'm a Dish America guy all the way and if I upgrade, it would have to be for probably 3 months.

Just got off the phone with a CSR from Texas. Very nice young lady. No problem in ordering the adapter.

I was told that I would receive an email with the info on how to submit the rebate. Still waiting for the email. If anyone knows the url to get the rebate form,. please post it.

Last edited:
There is no problem to order. I just really confuse about how we can submit rebate. Is it going to be on line or mail in rebate? Where we can get that form?

The rebate is going to be online, you wont be able to apply for the rebate until 45 days as they want to make sure you actually hook up and use your adapter. :)

I was just told to fill out the rebate online. It wasn't clear whether I had to wait 45 days to fill it out or if i had to fill it out within 45 days. I suspect the form will be at dish.com/getslingadapterreward (which just says "The system is currently unavailable, please try again later" right now).

EDIT: Thanks Scott for clearing up the 45 days.

Also, my CSR said the rebate was a prepaid MasterCard, not American Express. She may have been mistaken. I don't care too much either way.

She also said the card would arrive in 30 days after the rebate was processed.

The freetveverywhere webpage doesn't seem to make any restrictions on having to call customer service to receive the deal, do the CSRs need to manually enter the special number for the rebate or does it automatically show up in account details? If the latter it seems it might work by purchasing through the online store.

The freetveverywhere webpage doesn't seem to make any restrictions on having to call customer service to receive the deal, do the CSRs need to manually enter the special number for the rebate or does it automatically show up in account details? If the latter it seems it might work by purchasing through the online store.

They give you an RA number when you call. Honestly, at this time I wouldnt go through the online store. The CSR I had was knolwedgeable of the offer and the process took about 5 minutes. As stated earlier by other posters, the conditions are that you must have an AT200 or above account and accept marketing emails. The rebate will be provided as long as you register your rebate within 45-75 days of activating the Sling Adapter and/or paying the next two consecutive bills.

For the rebate:
It's Easy:
$99 up-front*
Install and connect your Sling Adapter
Login or create an Online ID at dish.com/getslingadapterreward »
Submit online for your $99 prepaid card**

The requirements:
* At time of purchase, sign up for qualifying programming and e-newsletter.

** Eligible no earlier than 45 days and no later than 75 days from Sling Adapter activation. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prepaid card.

Free Sling Adapter requirements: minimum of America's Top 200 or DishLATINO Dos programming; broadband Internet connection on 722/722k receiver; subscription to DISH Network E-Newsletter; online redemption no earlier than 45 days and no later than 75 days from Sling Adapter activation. Allow 4 - 6 weeks for delivery of prepaid card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)