Debating.... GenieGo or a Syma X5C-1 camera drone....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
On Amazon the GenieGo 2 is $149 (save $50 !!!) .... sure...
On Solid Signal it's $169

What's it cost from DirecTV if I just order it online? Hard to find pricing unless I go through adding it and then hoping I get a chance to cancel before it actually orders it. :)

AND.... where do I look up when my contract is up? I could swear it used to be in my online account information. I can't find it.

ahhh.... if I order a GenieGo from D* directly (pun.... get it?) they can't guarantee it'll be a GenieGo 2. I need the Go 2 for the connection options the 1st gen doesn't have

That drone is looking better and better....

Correct, just like getting an HR34 or HR44 however right now the only geniegos I am seeing out of my warehouse are gen 2's.

The only difference is the gen 2 offers a coax connection via MoCA in lieu of Ethernet. As long as you have an available Ethernet port the gen 1 should be fine, it doesn't need to be near any receivers, just on the same network.

So I could just take the GenieGo and connect to my wired gigabit network and be done?

I thought the 2nd gen had some new electronics and transcoding was faster. Is that an incorrect piece of information?

Syma X5C-1 camera drone ?
I this the "Other" Option ...

How does this relate to TV ?

Are you going to fly the drone over to a persons home and spy on thier TV at watch TV now ? :biggrin

I bought the Syma camera drone :)

The GenieGo is still in consideration, but I'm holding off for a bit. Also looking into "cord cutting" but not sure how far that's going to go either.

Thank you for the help so far. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)