Whole Home Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I have an HR44-200 and HR24-500 with Whole Home DVR. If I understand the Directv commercials correctly, I should be able to start watching a recording in one room and then resume it at the exact same spot in the other room. However, although I can watch a recording in either room, the recordings are independent of each other as to where the playback is within the show. In other words, I can be near the end of the show in one room and when I resume it in the other room, I'm at the beginning. Did I misunderstand how it should work or do I have a problem?

I was under the assumption that it worked with the c41or the wireless version? Ive only had my setup a few weeks, cant wait for the definitive answer.

There was a question a few weeks ago about having two HR-44 if they worked together and I thing they said no...

My understanding is that DirecTV does not currently allow more than one physical HR44 on an account at a time, certainly at least residentially-speaking.

This kind of sucks, as if the HR44 goes down, so do all attached Minis. This is why we've kept our 5+-year-old HD-DVR as a part of our setup so that there's "backup" in case one of them goes down.

Regarding the OP, I've seen instances where programs paused on one receiver can be started where paused on a different receiver, and then instances where we're basically restarting the program. I think there's probably some process in place that you have to go through in order for the pause to carry over, I've just never taken the time to figure it out. Then again, we're pretty specific on our receivers, and if we're going to watch something somewhere, we usually do it all at once, delete the show, and go on.

I have an HR44-200 and HR24-500 with Whole Home DVR. If I understand the Directv commercials correctly, I should be able to start watching a recording in one room and then resume it at the exact same spot in the other room. However, although I can watch a recording in either room, the recordings are independent of each other as to where the playback is within the show. In other words, I can be near the end of the show in one room and when I resume it in the other room, I'm at the beginning. Did I misunderstand how it should work or do I have a problem?

How are you stopping the recording? Because it should work.

My programs resume wherever I stopped at in the other room with other HR.
I'm thin king that this may be able to wortk with the recvrs set up to do so, if its not set up that way it won't.
However, I don't have mine set up this way, so I can't answer the HOW to set it up part.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)