Dec 16th Retailer Chat Report

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The 811 $149/$199 exisiting customer deal now requires you to subscribe to the HD package for a year.

Glad to be an 811 "beta tester" who got in without this restriction :)

CSR did try to TELL me I had to get the HD for a year when I activated my "dad's" 811, but I asked her to show me where it was written in the Dish Club Free Dish restriction info on the website, she backed down...

Wasn't even mentioned on the $149 deal.

Scott, your Hartford locals have turned over to the subscriber system within the last hour and a half. There is an "Introductory Preview" channel associated with them(197). The locals are most likely not quite available, yet.

Oh well that concludes this edition of the retailer Charlie Chat.

Jan 12th is the next Consumer Chat.

Next Retailer Channel is January 13th. Some announcements coming on that chat.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Still talking about the new Dish 500 Bulk Packs.

They are now introducing the 111, modulated output only, Interactive compatable, the had 8psk for future programming, and caller ID.

THe 111 can be sold $89 MSRP.

What is the Model 111 is this a replacement for the Model 211 to be used with Mitsubishi TV's.

FAiello said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Still talking about the new Dish 500 Bulk Packs.

They are now introducing the 111, modulated output only, Interactive compatable, the had 8psk for future programming, and caller ID.

THe 111 can be sold $89 MSRP.

What is the Model 111 is this a replacement for the Model 211 to be used with Mitsubishi TV's.

no, it only has rf out

The 811 $149/$199 exisiting customer deal now requires you to subscribe to the HD package for a year.

Glad to be an 811 "beta tester" who got in without this restriction :)

CSR did try to TELL me I had to get the HD for a year when I activated my "dad's" 811, but I asked her to show me where it was written in the Dish Club Free Dish restriction info on the website, she backed down...

Wasn't even mentioned on the $149 deal.

Scott, was there any mention about the changeover kit for the 105 superdish--to change it over to the 121. A local retailer here in the Milwaukee area is going to install a 105 Superdish for me this week and then when the kit is available change it to 121. He says that getting the DISH up now (before the heavy snow) will save time later.

DHP

Forgive my ignorance, but what is DHP?

New to the forum, but am a LONG time Dish Network customer, eager to get my hands on a 921.[/spoiler]

Re: DHP

phaseshift said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is DHP?

Dish Home Plan...a lease program. You pay $5 more a month and you lease the equipment

Pros:you get some of the newer equipment that others cant get
Any svc issues are included in the $5

Cons:you don't own the equipment
You have to give it back when you cancel.

Scott Greczkowski said:
There will be a retailer tech chat next week to talk about the 522/322 as dealers are having trouble installing those units.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Next Retailer Channel is January 13th. Some announcements coming on that chat.

??? These are different? Do they have retailer tech chats very often? I would really like to know the status of the 522 for existing subs.

Again do not expect the 522 to be available before July to existing customers.

Next week is a tech chat for retailers which they will give hints on different wiring options.

Seems as though many dealers are not sure how to wire these things.

The Next Retailer Charlie Chat is January 13th.
(And the consumer Chat is the night before)

BarryO said:
Why does any business need a SSN if you're doing CC autopay and they have your CC number? With identity theft such a huge problem these days, many are reluctant to give our their SSN.
OK, I can see it if you're getting subsidized equipment, but no reason to if you purchase your equipment outright.
It isn't subsidized equipment if one pays a $200 activation fee. Catch 22.

JL

Was the 921 + Monitor package mentioned? If so, pricing (existing sub, Free Dish, DHP)?

Thanks