Dec 16th Retailer Chat Report

Scott Greczkowski said:
Again do not expect the 522 to be available before July to existing customers.

Scott, do you really think so? I've been waiting for a 522 for around a year now (it always seems to be just a few months away), but if it is going to be another 6 months I'd prefer to just get a 721 right now. My local dealer seems to thing that once the supply opens up a bit (say, in the next month or so), they should be able to start selling 522 units to existing customers. But having been around these boards for awhile, I have more faith in your information and your predictions.

So I'm looking for advice. Or specifically, I'm wondering what my chances are for getting a 522 model within the next few months. Any optimism at all, or are you pretty sure it will be at least 6 months? I'm curious what you base that timeline on, if there is any info you are able to share.

Thanks for all of your invaluable assistance and info!!

I know most of you guys are exsisting customers but I would love some info on what the NEW customer deals will be for the 921.

I have an order in for the 811 but of course it was delayed and so I figure if I have to wait anyways maybe I should get the 921 if the price was not horrible.

Sounds like some interesting news. Are there going to be any free previews of any of these local channels or a channel to pop up on the 110 or 119 satellite telling the customers that they are getting the locals? Does Dish send out all of the customers in a DMA a letter telling them that the local channels are now available and if so do they tell them to contact their retailer or to contact them or some special install number for DNSC?

WHAT A JOKE!
No word on 811 availability? I've had an install re-scheduled two weeks in a row.
Dish CSR tells me there are no more 811s and they have no idea when they will have more.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Again do not expect the 522 to be available before July to existing customers.

What about new customers ? When new customers will be able to get 522 and/or 322 under FREE DISH plan ? I don't want to lease it under DHP...

I am waiting for months now for 522

Scott -

Was the 921 + Monitor package mentioned on the chat? If so, pricing (existing sub, Free Dish, DHP)?

Thanks

Hmmmm....they're offering 811's and TV's in a package deal at the same time they're rescheduling 811 installations. Sweet! Oh! BTW...my credit card was charged for my 811 even though I've been rescheduled from 12/13 to 12/26. Has anyone that's been rescheduled actually gotten their 811 on the date it was rescheduled to...or is this just a delaying tactic?

I got mine on my first reschedule, so not the original install date, but the first reschedule date...funny thing is, I just created a big stink at dish network and went from supervisor to supervisor until I got a satisfactory response...

2 days before my rescheduled appointment (my 2nd appointment), someone contacted me to reschedule yet again because they were out of stock on a shipment of 811's that wasn't due to arrive until the next day. I asked the lady how she could possibly be out of stock on an item that wasn't set to be delivered until the following day, she was just the messenger so I told her not to reschedule me until I talked to a supervisor,...a supervisor called me the next day and told me they pulled an 811 especially out of the shipment for me...so I ended up getting my 811, and am very happy although I haven't had much time to play with it...

i hate to say it, but the squeaky wheel does in fact get the oil, i'm generally not that kind of person, but i've had such a bad run of customer service lately (from every possible service provider) that I blew my lid and let it out on the dish network people...

cmotycka said:
Has anyone that's been rescheduled actually gotten their 811 on the date it was rescheduled to...or is this just a delaying tactic?

I did. I was supposed to get my 811 last tuesday (12/9). they called me the night before to reschdule for today. They called me twice this morning to make sure i was here and they installed it a couple of hours ago.

We are on the West side of Biloxi, almost at the Gulfport line. I get WLOX (ABC) which is the only local network. I am looking for NBC and CBS out of New Orleans or NBC out of Mobile.

Thanks.

I don't know if you were actually looking for someone who live in Statesboro GA. but I do.

~Alan<~~~~~~~~Who has friends from/in Statesboro[/b][/i][/u]....[/quote] :D

cmotycka said:
Hmmmm....they're offering 811's and TV's in a package deal at the same time they're rescheduling 811 installations. Sweet! Oh! BTW...my credit card was charged for my 811 even though I've been rescheduled from 12/13 to 12/26. Has anyone that's been rescheduled actually gotten their 811 on the date it was rescheduled to...or is this just a delaying tactic?

And now you can't buy an 811 except as part of their package deal. Nice...