December 18th Dish Retailer Chat Recap

What would be my pricing for top 250 dvr advantage + gold hd pack + one 722 dvr additional receiver fee? I would love it if someone could explain that one to me. I am totally lost.

Somebody want to explain to me what the additional outlet fee is for a 622/722 receiver? IT shows 12.00 with a savings of 98 cents. So are they saying that if you have another receiver it will cost you now 12.00 to keep it on your account? So instead of 7.00 for an additional receiver fee it will cost you 12.00?

$7.00 for the receiver and $5.98 for the DVR service for that receiver is the current pricing. It will be a combined $12.00 now, thus the $0.98 savings.

What would be my pricing for top 250 dvr advantage + gold hd pack + one 722 dvr additional receiver fee? I would love it if someone could explain that one to me. I am totally lost.

Dish DVR Advantage: $57.99
Additional 722: $12.00
2 Premiums (HD Gold and 250 Bonus Pack): $22.00

Total of $91.99 Plus Tax.

This is exactly what I have. I will be dropping down to the DDA Turbo Gold Package when it is available to existing customers and save $20 a month.

I will be dropping down to the Turbo Package when it is available to existing customers.

I have budgeted myself $60 for satellite.

I had:
$40 Bronze DVRAdvantage
$10 Bronze HD
$10 Platinum HD

I just switched to:
$50 Silver DVRAdvantage
$10 Silver HD

I essentially dropped the Platinum HD

Come Feb 09 when these packages kick in:

$60 Gold DVRAdvantage TurboHD

Last edited:
I find this "classic" designation interesting for the TopXXX packages. "Classic" is often seen as added value. In addition, "classic" paves the way for a new package group in the near future.

I wouldn't worry too much about the funky names. These things tend to have a pretty short life, and I bet they are changed again by summer.

Now all new customers who live in an Eastern Arc Market MUST be installed with a Dish 1000.4 and all MPEG4 equipment no matter if they are a SD or HD customer. However if a customer is getting DishLatino, Dish Mexico or foriegn language programming they should be installed on the Western Arc.

I'm an existing customer living in Nazareth, PA and subscribe to the Arabic language package which I'm currently receiving from 61.5.

Does this statement indicate that I will eventually be receiving them from 118.7?

Thanks.

Pushing up prices before delivering anything is a bad idea...
What price increase ? There's no price increase (yet). The plan is to have add'l channels added by the time the increase takes effect.
Then having the audacity to tell us that it is to increase their margin? What about my margin?
Remember, this was a retailer chat, not a customer one. When they say "increase their margin", they mean Dish's and their partners.

...how does this affect people locked into a contract? If I signed up for the 2 year contract, do I get a price lock for those 2 years? Or come next year, am I, too, also going to see a $5 hike in price?
If you read your contract, it contains the answers to your questions.

My thought is that since the TurboHD packages are roughly priced at $1 per HD channel it looks as though we should get roughly 10 new HD channels around February.
5 in the Bronze package
7 in the Silver package
10 in the Gold Package

-UNOmar

Was just thinking the same thing... Could definately be viacom
5 bronze - CMT, VH1, MTV, Nick, Spike
2 Silver - Comedy Central, BET...

and for the heck of it
3 gold channels - NBCu's Slueth and Chiller + ABC's ESPNU

I really need to lay off the optimist pills...

What price increase ? There's no price increase (yet). The plan is to have add'l channels added by the time the increase takes effect.

Actually, I believe the timeframe works out so that the price increases will take place before the addition of God/Charlie knows what:
"They mention that the new receiver names will go into effect on February 1st when the price changes happen."
"They mention that they hope the new satellite is put into use in the mid February time frame."
Basically, we show them the money, then they give us a prize! Maybe... Maybe they will add the Golf/Versus channel in addition to the individual Golf and Versus channels...

Remember, this was a retailer chat, not a customer one. When they say "increase their margin", they mean Dish's and their partners.

Good point.

As Joe the TV Viewer, this is pricing and renaming is about as clear as mud. What is clear is that I'll be getting hosed a huge chunk of money in a time where it is not available. They just lost another customer or at the very least a large chunk of money. Time to do some more shopping around.

Wow. That sucked. Especially for HD customers.

(No I am not kidding...) Jim says more HD services are coming which will make the price increase worth it.

I hope "services" mean channels. Not HD PPV or VOD.

If they don't deliver, it will be hard to stick it out.

For that kind of money, they need to launch Viacom, Fox, and some independents. Not to mention MoreMax HD, MSNBC HD, Chiller HD, etc. (i.e. new HD channels from those they already have agreements with.)

Why do I feel like us HD absolutes are about to be screwed, as we might see a ton of new channels placed just out of our reach in Feb?

I think HD Absoultes will get a choice:

Price the same, lose NFL, Toon Disney, Bravo, Animal Planet, Golf, Lifetime Movies, Biography, National Geographic, Science, Versus, Hallmark, HD Net Movies, MGM, NBA, NHL, Tennis, Universal and WFN, but gain lower tiered new channels

Up $10 and lose Biography, National Geographic, Science, Versus, Hallmark, HD Net Movies, MGM, NBA, NHL, Tennis, Universal and WFN, but gain your RSNs and middle tiered new channels

Up $20 and lose Biography, National Geographic, Science, Versus, Hallmark, and Tennis, but gain your RSNs and middle tiered new channels

Up $30 (i.e. double) to lose nothing, but get new channels and RSNs.

Or they could let us ride it a while longer with no RSNs and, more importantly, no new channels.

I guess I'll have to go with the third option.

If they let us HD Absolutes stay grandfathered, I will wait and see what channels they will offer before considering giving DISH any more money. Nothing pressing I need and I'm not missing my RSN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)