December 18th Dish Retailer Chat Recap

So, is anything going to be added to the Platinum HD package in Feb? I'm seriously considering dropping it, as there is nothing on those channels I watch. It's an additional $10 a month for 7 channels I don't watch.

Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack?... could someone please advise what channels this $10 premium service will provide? I'm guessing all of the non-HD Encore and TMC channels and perhaps the non-HD Fox Movie Channel?

So, is anything going to be added to the Platinum HD package in Feb? I'm seriously considering dropping it, as there is nothing on those channels I watch. It's an additional $10 a month for 7 channels I don't watch.

I want to second that request!

The package has been a joke since they got rid of Voom, and it's getting worse. I originally watched some shows on Smithsonian, but guess what? It's now repeating worse than Voom ever did! (And the PQ sucks.) I used to watch Universal occasionally, but I haven't since we got Sci-Fi HD, and over on AVSForum they're saying that Universal has gone to hell now -- commercials have skyrocketed and they're censoring movies! I think I've watched about one movie a year on HDNet Movies, and other than that, I've never watched anything on these so-called "premium" channels.

I want to second that request!

The package has been a joke since they got rid of Voom, and it's getting worse. I originally watched some shows on Smithsonian, but guess what? It's now repeating worse than Voom ever did! (And the PQ sucks.) I used to watch Universal occasionally, but I haven't since we got Sci-Fi HD, and over on AVSForum they're saying that Universal has gone to hell now -- commercials have skyrocketed and they're censoring movies! I think I've watched about one movie a year on HDNet Movies, and other than that, I've never watched anything on these so-called "premium" channels.

Well, I just dropped it. Plus the two movie packages I hardly ever watch. Just saved myself $30 a month. I figured I'd get the jump on the price hike. :D

Last edited:
Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack?... could someone please advise what channels this $10 premium service will provide? I'm guessing all of the non-HD Encore and TMC channels and perhaps the non-HD Fox Movie Channel?

If I understand the Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack, or AT250 Bonus Pack, was for DVR Advantage 200 users who wanted the AT250 channels ... the AT250 Bonus Pack could then be added on for $10.

Dish's pricing has gotten so complicated and convoluted that you need a bachelor's degree in math to figure it out....and a master's to understand your bill. I appreciate the updates, folks, I'm sticking with DirecTV.

Think of it all as menu pricing. The more you order, the more it costs.

Maybe Dish will send us new menu's in the next couple of months. I haven't checked my last bill to see if it has a menu in it.

Think of it all as menu pricing. The more you order, the more it costs.

Maybe Dish will send us new menu's in the next couple of months. I haven't checked my last bill to see if it has a menu in it.

Too bad this isn't a Chinese food menu.
"I'll take this channel from column A, this one from Column B...".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts