December 18th Dish Retailer Chat Recap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Fees......When I see tha word my thoughts immediate translate it into "money grab"...Fees suck. They are extra charges piled upon consumers. This is done because they can..For once I'd like to see a company with enough balls to price things as is. In other words, run their ads with THE price the customer will be paying..Not these come on adds with the small print and other friggin surpises.

DISH is now the KING OF FEES. They used to gig Cable for their cable fees and now they have out cabled cable. They even made up nonsense fees like the no phone line connection fee. I wonder how many people have dropped DISH over this one fee? THe ridiculous dvr fee PER RECEIVER instead of account. The dvr advantage that only protected one dvr and now will go up and only save you 98 cents. WHOPPPPEE!!! I am so disgusted with DISH right now I could scream. What ever happened to the small no nosense family feel company that DISH was just 5 or 6 years ago? I guess Charlie sold that along with his soul to keep on gouging people with these ridiculous ,unGodly fees. You can't sustain a companies' profits on fees you inflect on the backs of your ever smaller, dropping subscriber population. How about doing something to attract more new subs like offering them SOMETHING OF VALUE for their money? How about cutting down on your substantial fees? I see no value in these price increases in these down times. I'll say it again: I see more people leaving DISH ,just because of these unreasonable price increases and their stupid fee structure. By next year I am predicting that DISH will be down to 12 million subs. Its almost like Charlie is trying to hurt his DISH side of his business . Maybe he is hoping to unload DISH by dropping its worth and making it an attractive target for a hostile takeover.

Last edited:
They will keep raising prices as long as they know that they can get away with it and still add subscribers. When it starts affecting their bottom line, you will notice a change.
Thing is Dish is NOT adding subs. Dish lost a net 25k subs in Q3 and are predicting a net 30k sub loss in Q4.....Charlie logic..

I mean REALLY start losing subscribers, like in the hundreds of thousands per quarter. They could lose 50,000 a quarter and be down 200,000 a year for 5 years and still only lost 1,000,000 of their multi-million customers. If they started losing 350,000 per quarter that is 1.4 million a year and that adds up over a number of years.

I have never understood why they never sold "Satellite Receiver Skins"

Imagine decorating your receiver so it fits in your setting without looking like a sore thumb sticking out.

So I am new to Dish, had it about 3 months now and I want to make sure I have this straight. I currently have:
TurboHD Silver
Dish DVR Advantage
Extra box
39.99 + 7.00(box) = 48.11 after fees and such.

My bill looks like it will jump $10? So about $60 out the door? Am I right about this, even being under contract?

So I am new to Dish, had it about 3 months now and I want to make sure I have this straight. I currently have:
TurboHD Silver
Dish DVR Advantage
Extra box
39.99 + 7.00(box) = 48.11 after fees and such.

My bill looks like it will jump $10? So about $60 out the door? Am I right about this, even being under contract?
If I'm reading correctly, then yes, it'll be about $60 a month.

After seeing all these price increases, I'm seriously considering dropping from (old terminology) AEP to AT250. That would save me about $40 a month, and I can find more than enough to watch on the non-movie channels.

The EA thing is also stupid...One of the main attractions of DBS was the SMALL dish..Over the last 15 years the dishes have gotten larger AND many customers may need more than one....
Hate to say this but while Dish is losing cuctomers and bashing's it's head against a wall trying to find it's way. Directv isn't doing any of this nonsense.
Have you actually compared the D* Phase III and any of their "Slimline" dishes side-by-side?

What of those that must upgrade to HD class receivers in order to get their SD locals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts