Decent Star Trek: TNG Upconverts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Borg double header The Best of Both Worlds is on... not bad on my 40" but the Bugs are annoying...

You know this is really an incomplete marathon. The Best of Both Worlds is really a three part episode. There are the two that everyone shows in a marathon, then there is "Family" which raps up the rest of the story on the impact this encounter had on the crew and especially Picard. After watching this incomplete marathon this afternoon, I had to go back and pull out the 20 year-old S-VHS tape from the original broadcast and play back part 3.

---and I am still angry at the writers for killing off Robert and "Uncle" for no reason at the beginning of the TNG portion of Generations.

You know this is really an incomplete marathon. The Best of Both Worlds is really a three part episode. There are the two that everyone shows in a marathon, then there is "Family" which raps up the rest of the story on the impact this encounter had on the crew and especially Picard. After watching this incomplete marathon this afternoon, I had to go back and pull out the 20 year-old S-VHS tape from the original broadcast and play back part 3.

---and I am still angry at the writers for killing off Robert and "Uncle" for no reason at the beginning of the TNG portion of Generations.

They showed Family last week.

Maybe because its Scifi and since Scifi went Syfy and they have a couple of good scifi shows (one that has been cancelled)they want to give us an alternative?

I would like to think that a network would stick a bit more closely to its original mission (no pun intended) . Sure the lead actor is British but the show has no connection to the BBC or British television. What's nest reruns of Tracey Ullman or maybe some Bob Hope specials?

Last edited:
The only "brit" connection would be Patrick Stewart. Other than that, I don't know why this show would be on BBCA.

The Discovery channels can little about thematic channel programming. Shalom in the Home appears on the Green network. If they have the rights to a program it can show up on any of the Discovery networks.

My guess is it's on BBCA because the lead actor is British, but also because Doctor Who is so popular. Maybe capturing in the process some of SyFy's audience who are tired of wrestling and ghost hunting.

There is so much good British sci-fi though, they don't need to load it down with the American stuff.

That's Sir Captain Picard now...

Star Trek star Patrick Stewart knighted at Palace

Actor Sir Patrick Stewart paid tribute to a former teacher as he was knighted by the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
The 69-year-old said he owed "literally everything" to the English teacher who first encouraged him to perform.
Source & More: bbcnews.co.uk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)