Decoding what I think is 4:2:2 HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark_calgary

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
The dry side of the Rockies
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice/experience with decoding of a 4:2:2 HD signal. I belive this is what I'm looking at, although I'm not sure, as I see the same artefacts on the decoded stream as I do on 4:2:2 SD when viewed on a 4:2:0 only receiver (my Pansat).

For reference the stream I'm looking at is on Galaxy 11 3840H 29270 P610 V610 A670.

TSReader/VLC shows the artefacts, I can't get ProgDVB to show anything and Mytheatre won't even identify it.

Signal quality is very good so that isn't the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I think I saw something somewhere about this but I can't seem to find the info again right when I might need it.

Or perhaps I'm totally out to lunch as I just noticed that TSReader is showing a lot of continuity errors on the stream. What they might mean in terms of this signal I do not know.

mark_calgary said:
Or perhaps I'm totally out to lunch as I just noticed that TSReader is showing a lot of continuity errors on the stream. What they might mean in terms of this signal I do not know.

It means you are getting as poor signal. The continuity errors will cause the porblems you are getting.

Could be. Now that it's daylight and I'm not so sleepy I'll investigate some more. The patterns I saw were unlike any poor signal I've received in HD before.

<EDIT>

Well, not surprisingly, you were right. It turns out I didn't have quite enough signal even though the quality was well above the levels I've always needed before. Perhaps I should have gone to bed instead of playing around with the dish so late.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)