Deep Fried Turkey...

If anyone is interested I have the recipe and cooking instructions for "Carolina Fried Turkey".

Also have the recipe for 21-day chitlins, doubt anyone is interested though. :)

VOTED: Fried - Can turkey be cooked any other way? :D

Fried is very good. Long story short.
My uncle
First time fryer (I didn't witness, as I could have helped)
Way too much oil
Put the turkey in
Oil spilled out and started burning
Pulled turkey out
Hot oil all down his legs and feet
Didn't spill the beer in his other hand
Waited a day to see a doctor

"Normal" people do stupid things everyday, usually doesn't involve 400 degree oil and a dead bird. I prefer recently killed and smoked turkey.

I don't like it any other way after trying a fried turkey. You would think it would be greasy but it isn't. One word to those who have never tried it, you won't want an over cooked turkey any more. My favorite marinade is Lowrey's Carirbean Jerk. Inject the bird 1 day before cooking.....Awesome.

Purogamer said:
A lot of people here don't fry correctly because it's so cold and snow covered. This is why they do it inside...You guys out west have it easy...

we still fry them outisde...no matter how cold it gets

Thursday its suppose to be 15 out (here in gool ol' Minnesota)

I have never had the "deep fried turkey" but will this weekend at a family's thanksgiving, I am curious to how it is! Ive heard a lot of 'hipe' towards it over the traditional oven baked bird.

Although I've immigrated from Europe (and from a 75% RC country ;)), so we didn't have this holiday at all, I keep TG because I've arrived these days many years ago. :cool:

Ah, oven* baked only.

* well, it's not oven but one of those Showtime Rotisseries from Ronco ;)

Say, what's the difference between an oven-roasted turkey and a deep fried one in terms of calories, fat grams, sodium, carbohy...heh, oops, forgot where I was...nevermind...=)>

I'm lazy, so I always eat with someone else. I get invited and I love to eat. So, I'm not choosy. I eat whatever they got. On occassion there's been no turkey at all. But, usually there's turkey and ham, like this time. One year I got grilled hamburgers and weiners. Being the kind hearted person I am. I didn't complain a bit. I became a turkey and gobble gobble it down. Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Al

Only problem with frying turkey is when you have people over that have never had it before and you end up spending the rest of the day AND the next day frying more so they can have one to take home with them :) Last year I think I ended up frying something like 9 before it was said and done.

Purogamer said:
Set it and forget it, let's see deep fryers say THAT!!

They probably didn't even get steak knives with their fryer...

"SET IT & FORGET IT !" 50 times during a half-hour infomercial, then you get the product and it says "Set it & forget it is just a slogan, never leave product unattended during operation" :rolleyes:

I never check it anymore after I set it. If anything would go wrong, I would smell it anyway. :D

BTW this year I made stuffed ones - it is great (perhaps a little more salt would have been good but not a big deal), according to my wife... :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)