Def Tech ProCinema 1000's up and running

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Sound and look great, using Sanus stands.

IMG_0124.jpg

elway - didn't you have some other speakers that you can use to add some rear surrounds? The quality for the surrounds doesn't have to be as good and you will still have 5.1 that way.

Some sort of Dipole, with the location theyll be in.

I think Klipsch was discussed in a previous thread. Ill also need to see if Def Tech makes one that will work.

I think Klipsch was discussed in a previous thread. Ill also need to see if Def Tech makes one that will work.

Looks like not in the ProCinema series. They do make bipoles in the BP and Studio Monitor series. I'd look at the BP2 as a close match to your 1000s.

I've done the mix brands thing and was never satisfied. I think you are going to find that the Klipsch surround is a bit bright in comparison to the DTs. You will really notice it when sound pans front to back.

Thanks. What I should do is contact DT when I get ready, and let them recommend a set to me. They owe me that after the center and front purchase :)

I can only imagine. In 2 years time, Ive gone from a Polk sub and Polk floors with a Sony Rcvr to the Denon, Klipsch sub and Def Tech speakers. The sound is awesome now!

That rear upgrade project is prob not going to happen until Christmas, I just bought a new car and rims are on the front burner ;)

Get em Elway. You'll thank us later.

Watching a movie in 5.1 is leaps and bounds superior to 3.1. You'll see....

yeah i totally agree. elway do you want the l&r surrounds in the ceiling or on the ceiling?

I don't think Klipsch is a good match for the DT's. They are much brighter and alot more efficient compared to the DT's. Why not run the same ones in the rear? That's what I did with mine. I also have DT's, the BP2006's. Four of those and a C/L/R2300 in the center does the trick with my Yamaha RX-V1900!

Yeah, I think the BP's will be the route to go.

As a 3.1 system, it does sound damn fine. I hooked my laptop up to the Denon and played some mp3's yesterday, very nice.

i have a set of the 800's for my fronts and 1000 for my center; and a set of bose 161's in the rear. And an older polk 12" sub -- sounds great I agree!

How do you like the denon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)