Default Guide

How do you feel about the default guide behavior?

• I prefer the current behavior of defaulting back to My Channels.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I would prefer it if it stayed on the last-used guide.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I would prefer the ability to choose a default guide in the menu settings.

Votes: 40 53.3%

• Total voters

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I was curious how people felt about the way the Hopper guide defaults back to My Channels. (Personally, I hate it with extreme prejudice.) I thought it might be nice to see whether people are happy with this deliberately-engineered "feature", or if they would prefer that it simply stayed on the last-used guide or even gave the user the ability to choose a default guide.

This is not as big an issue with the Joey, as it stays on the last-used guide. However, I suppose that some would prefer the ability to choose a default guide on the Joey, as well.

I hardly ever use the guide (most of my 30+ Dish Pass timers find the shows for me), so I don't even have custom guides set up, but if I did, I would prefer a choice of default guide in the settings.

I was curious how people felt about the way the Hopper guide defaults back to My Channels. (Personally, I hate it with extreme prejudice.) I thought it might be nice to see whether people are happy with this deliberately-engineered "feature", or if they would prefer that it simply stayed on the last-used guide or even gave the user the ability to choose a default guide.

This is not as big an issue with the Joey, as it stays on the last-used guide. However, I suppose that some would prefer the ability to choose a default guide on the Joey, as well.
Mine (Hopper) appears goes to last used. To verify, I did a reset...afterwards, there is was. I will check again after tonight's update.

EDIT: Just finished a pull plug reboot. Still there (last one used).

Last edited:
Mine (Hopper) appears goes to last used. To verify, I did a reset...afterwards, there is was. I will check again after tonight's update.

EDIT: Just finished a pull plug reboot. Still there (last one used).
Check again tomorrow, and let us know. I've had mine stay on last-used for a while, making me think they finally "fixed" it, only to return to My Channels, seemingly randomly.

Yours is only the 2nd time I've seen somebody report that theirs stayed on last-used. It is especially odd as Dish Engineering has specifically stated on more than one occasion that it is deliberately designed to revert back to My Channels.

I voted #3. I don't bother with favorites lists but I think having the option of either way would be best. Then again Dish doesn't seem to be a fan of giving options.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Check again tomorrow, and let us know. I've had mine stay on last-used for a while, making me think they finally "fixed" it, only to return to My Channels, seemingly randomly.

Yours is only the 2nd time I've seen somebody report that theirs stayed on last-used. It is especially odd as Dish Engineering has specifically stated on more than one occasion that it is deliberately designed to revert back to My Channels.
Well, this morning, it was back to My Channels. But in less time than an inhale-exhale, I had it back to Faves.

It's designed to flip back to My Channels, the Joey is the anomaly. VIP models default back to My Channels as well. I'm sure the Joey will eventually do the same once they fix it.
We know it's designed to do that. I mentioned that in the top post. But, it's a stupid and annoying design. Hence, the poll. (The VIP's didn't always do it, either. It was suddenly changed not too long ago.)
Let's hope they don't "fix" (break) the Joey too.

Well, this morning, it was back to My Channels. But in less time than an inhale-exhale, I had it back to Faves.
There are a lot of things that don't take the user much time to correct. But, we shouldn't have to correct them. They should already be configured for the best, or at least not the worst, way to do it, or offer the option to configure them ourselves. The former is choice #2 and the latter is choice #3 in the poll.

Voted #2, but wouldn't mind option #3 either.

Let's hope they don't "fix" (break) the Joey too.

AMEN to that! In my setup, the feature is more important to me on the Joey than the Hopper itself, so to me, it would royally suck if the Joey started reverting back to "My Channels"

I stopped using favorites after realizing that it defaults to Dish's list. I'd be thrilled with #3 and happy with #2.

In my setup, the feature is more important to me on the Joey than the Hopper itself, so to me, it would royally suck if the Joey started reverting back to "My Channels"
I stopped using favorites after realizing that it defaults to Dish's list. I'd be thrilled with #3 and happy with #2.
It's so odd that Dish has chosen to deliberately cripple user control of the guide. Perhaps they don't realize just how annoying it is to users, and how strongly they want and miss that control.

I have only had my Hopper for two days. I noticed today that it was back on My Channels and not my favorites list.
If I am going to have to change it back every day that sucks.
What in the world are they smoking in R&D over there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts