Defaulting remote control volume to aux device

qwerty_oc

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
This may be a dumb question since I am a Dish Network newb, but I can't figure out how to make my remote control default to the AUX device when changing the volume. I programmed the remote for the AUX button to control my surround sound receiver which works fine as long as I hit the AUX button, adjust the sound, then hit the SAT button to control the satellite. If I am on the SAT button and try to adjust the volume, it adjusts the volume on the TV (TV button on remote lights up) instead of the AUX. Can someone help me out? I am using a 522 DVR receiver.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! :)

I just did this with my 921 remote (after a year!), and I can't remember how. Try looking in the manual? There's one online, too.

Hold the AUX button until all the lights come on (programming mode).

Push the # button.

Push + volume.

Push the > arrow button (the one at the bottom of the romote under the numeric keypad)

Push # again.

You are done. Put the remote back into SAT mode and the volume buttons will control your AUX device.

How about making the volume controls work the VCR position? The TV in the bedroom has a built-in VCR and for some reason the only code that will work the power/channel/etc is the VCR code for Phillips. Since the TV works off of the VCR controlset instead of TV the volume control won't work. I tried the above with the VCR button instead of AUX and it doesnt work. Any other suggestions?

--DD

Dudleydog73 said:
How about making the volume controls work the VCR position? The TV in the bedroom has a built-in VCR and for some reason the only code that will work the power/channel/etc is the VCR code for Phillips. Since the TV works off of the VCR controlset instead of TV the volume control won't work. I tried the above with the VCR button instead of AUX and it doesnt work. Any other suggestions?

--DD
The manual only mentions controling the AUX device volume, so I don't think that will work.

Have you tried manually scanning all the TV codes?

Yup I've done that for a while, but with the discrete on my tv for whatever reason volume plus is the select button that I must use to change inputs, so I can't use that trick :(

GRS1959 said:
The manual only mentions controling the AUX device volume, so I don't think that will work.

Have you tried manually scanning all the TV codes?

As a matter of fact yes. The installer who came to hook up the dish was quite perplexed that he could not get it to work. I told him to try the VCR codes for Philips and whammo, the TV turned on and off with the power button.. Only drawback is no volume control and have to use the seperate TV remote for that... Oh well, I guess you can't have everything with Dish like I could with DTV.

--DD :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)