Defrag HD for 721

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kvhollis

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
Does anyone know if you can defrag the hard disk drive in the 721? I'm down to 30 hours remaining and that hard drive is just churning and churning....

Any ideas?

I had advanced tech tell me one time that the 721 will defrag itself when turned off. That is, the green light must be off. Timers will still fire.

I used to leave mine on 24/7. Since starting to turn it off when not in use, I have noticed fewer problems. I have not rebooted this unit for close to a year I would say. A guess, since I have not actually kept track.

kvhollis said:
Does anyone know if you can defrag the hard disk drive in the 721? I'm down to 30 hours remaining and that hard drive is just churning and churning....

Any ideas?

It uses XFS....

anon said:
kvhollis said:

Any ideas?

It uses XFS....

At that, I hear it does a good job in itself "defragging."

boomerang said:
I used to leave mine on 24/7. Since starting to turn it off when not in use, I have noticed fewer problems. I have not rebooted this unit for close to a year I would say. A guess, since I have not actually kept track.

I was told by advanced tech support to turn it off when not in use. That way it doesn't buffer continuously and saves wear on the hard drive.

Dennis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)