Defragging Software?

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I did some house cleaning on this computer today and also removed PerfectDisk 2008. I got rid of a bunch of stuff. I gained about 1g of space on the hard drive. I started this because I got hit with a trojan that Norton blocked. Anyway I would like some of you who know a lot about this stuff to give your opinions on what's the best defragger out there or if it is really needed in addition to what Windows has.:confused:

The easiest is to just use the defrag util built into Windows. Though it doesn't do as thorough a job as some others, it is still fine for most people's use.

Otherwise, a free one that I have had good luck with is UltraDefrag.

We use Diskeeper at work, but the features that I like there don't come with the home edition.

We use Diskeeper at work, but the features that I like there don't come with the home edition.

I haven't upgraded it in a while but I have the professional version of Diskeeper. It has worked well except it always seems to want to degrag (and slow the machine down right ) when I am in the middle of something important. :)

After running trials for a lot of different defraggers I'm back with PerfectDisk. It's simple and works well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)