DEI denies junior use of number 8

jimbo, as far as i know kyle is basically the main man at petty enterprises these days. i'm not sure if richard has any type of active role at all.

i will say this, if i want to see anyone drive the number 8 next season, i'd rather it be mark martin. you are right, he's about as classy as they come. i would forsee only one possible sponsor problem. if bud were to remain with DEI in 2008, i'm not sure mark would want to drive the car. as you folks may or may not know, mark is a recovering alcoholic and i think he might feel it would send the wrong message. just my opinion.

jimbo, as far as i know kyle is basically the main man at petty enterprises these days. i'm not sure if richard has any type of active role at all.

i will say this, if i want to see anyone drive the number 8 next season, i'd rather it be mark martin. you are right, he's about as classy as they come. i would forsee only one possible sponsor problem. if bud were to remain with DEI in 2008, i'm not sure mark would want to drive the car. as you folks may or may not know, mark is a recovering alcoholic and i think he might feel it would send the wrong message. just my opinion.

Good point , I hadn't considered..
Don't forget , Mark will probably only run a partial schedule next year again.

Jimbo

junior has broken the silence. he told espn.com saturday that.....guess who......prevented him from taking the 8 to hendrick next season. to read his words, it sounds like.....guess who........has stooped to new lows. he says he's pissed because no one can talk sense into....guess who....but what can he do about it!!

yes, that thunderous noise you just heard was dale sr's spirit getting highly agitated.

I thought that Disney had bought up all the rights to the number 8, for future ESPN expansion.

ESPN8 - "The Ocho"

DirecTV has issued a press release saying they'll carry the HD version of "The Ocho" as soon as it's available.

junior has broken the silence. he told espn.com saturday that.....guess who......prevented him from taking the 8 to hendrick next season. to read his words, it sounds like.....guess who........has stooped to new lows. he says he's pissed because no one can talk sense into....guess who....but what can he do about it!!

yes, that thunderous noise you just heard was dale sr's spirit getting highly agitated.

Doesn't surprise me a bit ....

Maybe she'll come to her senses after next year and offer it to him then...

Jimbo

teresa come to her senses? am i the only one here who gets the distinct impression only dale could talk sense to her? i know junior paints her as uber bitch.

puleezzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeee. now, granted when elizabeth mitchell portrayed her in ``3'' was she hot. but that's because elizabeth mitchell is smokin'!

I know it's been some time since she was Earnhardt's trophy wife, but she's still not bad lookin'. I stand by my statement that she's way hotter than Yoko Ono. :D

Last edited:
I know it's been some time since she was Earnhardt's trophy wife, but she's still not bad lookin'. I stand by my statement that she's way hotter than Yoko Ono. :D

Gee what a comparison ...

In case you haven't noticed, there are alot of Hot wives (girlfriends) in Nascar.

Jimbo

Yoko broke up the Beetles and Teresa is tearing down DEI. Dale should have been smarter than to leave her in control after he passed.....although his will may not have been real up to date at the end. Who knows...

can't think dale would be real pleased if he knew what she was doing to his company. everybody says this and we know its true but there would be no problems at DEI if dale was still alive!!

can't think dale would be real pleased if he knew what she was doing to his company. everybody says this and we know its true but there would be no problems at DEI if dale was still alive!!

Agreed, and Jr would still be racing with them and DEI would have a better overall car if Sr. was making the calls !

Jimbo

its funny but i really never cared for dale or the way he raced. but as soon as junior got involved in the busch league and then came up to cup, you could see how proud he was of his son. that's when i actually started liking him because working with junior meant so much.

my last image of dale was when he, junior and the bitch we're talking before the start of the fatal daytona 500. he was on top of the world and it was snatched within a few hours. sometimes, i just don't understand God's message! :(

its funny but i really never cared for dale or the way he raced. but as soon as junior got involved in the busch league and then came up to cup, you could see how proud he was of his son. that's when i actually started liking him because working with junior meant so much.

my last image of dale was when he, junior and the bitch we're talking before the start of the fatal daytona 500. he was on top of the world and it was snatched within a few hours. sometimes, i just don't understand God's message! :(

One thing I will always remember, is the Day Jr. won his first Cup race (I think it was Phoenix) and Sr. was there in Winners Circle, I'll never forget that moment :up

Jimbo

One thing I will always remember, is the Day Jr. won his first Cup race (I think it was Phoenix) and Sr. was there in Winners Circle, I'll never forget that moment :up

Jimbo

actually, i think it was texas.

more news.........orlandosentinel.com is reporting this morning that it looks like mark martin and aric aimeola (sp) will split next year in the number 8. the move will be made, hopefully, to quiet the legions of junior fans who have been upset since hendrick broke negotiations with DEI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts