Delay in Harrisonburg, VA locals.

rayburn45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
There's a delay in the addition of WHSV our new Valley's Fox to the Dish Network.

A ruling against the Dish Network in Florida put that move on hold.

Last week, a judge ordered Dish's parent company, Echo-Star, to stop offering stations from distant markets. He said it violated federal law and ordered Dish to remove stations from distant markets on it's systems all over the country by December first.

Although the ruling doesn't affect the agreement with WHSV Dish has suspended any expansion until it can appeal the judge's ruling.

We're hoping the Dish Network can resolve this issue quickly.

For more information call DISH's customer support line at 1-888-825-2557.

You can get them on Adelphia Cable

I just switched over from Adelphia, the picture is like night and day. I can't believe that switching over to Dish brings in such a clear picture. And, can't forget how cheap it is, I was paying 70.00 for basic digital without a dvr. I dont know how you can watch Adelphia.

Hi

just registered and was very happy to see some locals....:) I live in Verona and need to do some research on systems. I had just talked to Dish about the local channels as my wife had read it in the paper. Your answer is by far more informative then what I got. :)

I just switched over from Adelphia, the picture is like night and day. I can't believe that switching over to Dish brings in such a clear picture. And, can't forget how cheap it is, I was paying 70.00 for basic digital without a dvr. I dont know how you can watch Adelphia.

Did you have the HD pak from Adelphia or just basic? We had D* for over 8 years but dropped them when we moved from Alexandria to Massanutten because they can't offer me HD nationals(say I can get them with an antenna-three of the stations that they list area DC stations)We were going to get E* installed a couple months back but E*'s price was almost the same,plus we have three HD DVR's and E* said you can only have one.I agree that the basic analog channels aren't that good but I only watch HD,the 17 HD channels are enough for now but we will have to see what happens when Comcast takes over,letter in the mail yestersay said the change over is Nov.16. Comcast has a way of screwing up everything they touch

Adelphia is currently an offering a "Ditch the Ditch" promotion in my area (not sure about yours). In a nutshell, it's $29.95 for digital cable, HBO, Showtime, and Starz for 12 months; it's the equivalent of their old Platinum Pak, which was $83.95 per month in my area. I can add two HD DVR and programming ($18.90 for 1st w/HD Pack and DVR fee, and $8.95 for the 2nd) and Cablecard ($1.75) for my Sony HD DVR for a total of $60 a month plus 5% in franchise fees. A pretty good deal.

Ok, I hate analog cable and there are far fewer HD channels in my area (rarely watch anything not HD these days). However, the quality of their HD channels is better than Dish Network and they are adding more in the near fute. We have OTA antennas, plus we just aren't watching as much TV these days.

I'm not endorsing this offer, but it is a pretty good offer IMO. Because of our viewing habbits, I may sign up under this offer or simply elect to go strictly OTA unless Dish Network can make their DishHD packages more affordable.

Anyway, check out the last couple post on this Forum for more details:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=8790509

I don't have HD yet, I'm saving up for a HDTV. Either way I don't think i can afford Cable or Dish HDTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts