Delayed 811 Install

Got the dreaded call also. Installer said he has only been able to install one 811 so far. Not receiving the supply. Rescheduled for next Friday.

811 getting installed now in Fort Worth area

The 811 is getting installed right now. I asked the installer how their supply of 811's were in the D/FW area and he said he tried to order some more, but they were currently out.

Well, when my original installation was cancelled last Saturday due to a lack of poles for my second dish install, the tech went back to the dealer and they wanted MY 811 to use for another install. My installer said, this was his (mine) and we promised it to him. So he put it back on the truck and kept it until Monday when he did the install. He told me they were just moving 811's around to fill demand with what little supply they had. At least he was honest about the whole deal and kept it on the truck for me.

I bought my 811 on the first day it was available. Initial install was scheduled for 12/07 12-5pm. Got a call at 10am in 12/07 to reschedule to tomorrow 12/14. When I got a call from the installer this afternoon, I was expecting the worst. But it turned out he was in my area and wanted to do my installation a day early. He came and did the installation, and my 811 is now working. He said he had only seen one 811 in the warehouse here in the Durham North Carolina area.

Out of 811s in Louisiana also.. ordered last Monday, install was scheduled for Thursday, then Sunday, but just got the dreaded call a few hours ago, no boxes for at least a week... or as you can see posted here, a month :(

I'm ticked but what can I do.. pay D* $400 up front for HD? Cox $600? Sit and wait, and hope they fire the moron marketing director :p

Rich30N90W said:
Out of 811s in Louisiana also.. ordered last Monday, install was scheduled for Thursday, then Sunday, but just got the dreaded call a few hours ago, no boxes for at least a week... or as you can see posted here, a month :(

I'm ticked but what can I do.. pay D* $400 up front for HD? Cox $600? Sit and wait, and hope they fire the moron marketing director :p

The marketing director is doing great... He sold out 811s and the SuperDish... It is actually a good thing that the 811s are in such short supply... It might make someone at Dishnetwork think that there might be something to this HDTV and maybe a few more channels should be added.

811 Delays

mike123abc said:
Rich30N90W said:

The marketing director is doing great... He sold out 811s and the SuperDish... It is actually a good thing that the 811s are in such short supply... It might make someone at Dishnetwork think that there might be something to this HDTV and maybe a few more channels should be added.

I know there has been a lot of complaining/whining, and I probably would have been amongst the first had I not been one of the lucky ones to get a 811. The deal given to Dish subscribers at $149.00 for a HD receiver with NO commitment can't be beaten with a stick. Even at $199.00 it would have been a bargin.

The unit is fantastic for OTA channels! I live in the woods, in very hilly terrain. Local channels here are unheard of. All I was able to get in the past was a severe, very-faded ghost picture, that faded in and out. With the 811, I now get locals crisp and clear (digital channels). I am 35 miles NW of Springfield, MA and I get Springfield channels, Hartford (CT) channels, and New Haven (CT) channels.

I am also impressed with the features of the 811. I no longer have to rely on my tv to handle external inputs as the "back panel input" capability allows me to access DVD, and even Directv (which I also subscribe to) via my Dish remote.

There are bound to be problems with new technology: My *first 811 had some problems that I'm seeing now might have been software related. I had the sound-popping, or sound loss on channels, but most worrysome was the picture that collapsed to about 1" at the top of the screen. A hard reset fixed all of those problems, but talking to tech support (which has been absolutely great, and quick to respond, the last three times I called Dish) offered some quick help, the best being the two-day UPS Blue shipping of a replacement receiver to me, and a free UPS label to ship my "old" 811 back to them.

I'm sure that service will be different in different areas of the country, as it stands to reason. I can also say that Dish is (IMHO) being ripped off by installers (in my case). They sent 2 different trucks with two guys who had only a basic knowledge of installation. In fact, I had to tell them that the 811 did not have a hard drive, and was not a PVR/DVR. They kept saying "look at the remote"... Geesh. Anyway, if Dish had simply shipped me the 811 I would have had no problem, but thinking about that, there are perhaps a great majority of people that couldn't do it right and that would swamp Dish tech support so I see why they had to have it installed.

All I'm trying to say (and it's probably easy for me to say as I have my 811) is to be patient, give them (Dish) a little slack, and they'll get you set up with HDTV ASAP. Think of the tremendous scope of the job. I'm sure it could have been handled better in some areas, but I tend to blame those down the chain instead of Dish.

So, let the stone-throwing begin: I'm not a Dish plant, I am a satisfied Dish customer (mostly), am retired, and have lots of time to toss the stones back atcha.. :) Hooah! Peace.
Dave

Dish you should pay you what you would make at work in an average day after they miss the first install date.

ROLLTIDE said:
Dish you should pay you what you would make at work in an average day after they

miss the first install date.

Sorry, retired means I don't have to go to work. At any rate, the installers have a bit of the missed install pot.

Newbie? You don't look that old yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)