delete selected "to do " recordings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BNDAZ

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
I have passes set up for certain programs...unfortunately i haven't fined tuned them, and many of them are recording a bunch of episodes i have already seen( Mythbusters, lost worlds, couple others).
I see that i can look in the list of to do items and delete these programs one by one, except i dont see a description of the content in this list.
Is there another place i can see this and delete specific showings.

That said...when i choose "first run" does that mean the very first eposide of that show, or will it record basically the new season shows.
By choosing "both" or all episiodes" i am assuming i will get every episodes that is played..what about repeats?

I have passes set up for certain programs...unfortunately i haven't fined tuned them, and many of them are recording a bunch of episodes i have already seen( Mythbusters, lost worlds, couple others).
I see that i can look in the list of to do items and delete these programs one by one, except i dont see a description of the content in this list.
Is there another place i can see this and delete specific showings.

That said...when i choose "first run" does that mean the very first eposide of that show, or will it record basically the new season shows.
By choosing "both" or all episiodes" i am assuming i will get every episodes that is played..what about repeats?

If you want to see a description, hit the Orange "Select " button.
You can do this in the To Do section, to see what shows are set to record, or go to the History and see which ones have already recorded thus allowing you to know which ones you want to delete.

Also, if there is a group of shows you want to delete, like "Lost Worlds for example, say you have 5 recorded and want to delete all of them, you hit the main section without opening the older and they will all delete.

As for recordings, IF you set it up to record "First Runs" this will only record the NEW ones, no repeats, this is up for debate, sometimes a Repeat slips in, it is tied to the info that the show sends to the Programing people (Tribune Co. for D*), if the correct info is not sent to them then it will show wrong on the rec., this happens from time to time, but for the most part it works well.

If you set up for Both to record, it will record all shows with that title in it.

Jimbo

As for recordings, IF you set it up to record "First Runs" this will only record the NEW ones, no repeats, this is up for debate, sometimes a Repeat slips in, it is tied to the info that the show sends to the Programing people (Tribune Co. for D*), if the correct info is not sent to them then it will show wrong on the rec., this happens from time to time, but for the most part it works well.

If you set up for Both to record, it will record all shows with that title in it.

Jimbo
I am still a little lost on this...
For instance: Say i set "hells kitchen" for first run
a new episode is on this week, the first one is one at 7pm on Thursday (hypothetical), and there is a conflict with two other shows that are recording at that time.

BUT, a repeat of that "new" show is on again later that night at say 11, will it then record THAT one? Or does it literally only record the very first show that is aired.

And if i set to repeats, will it actually record ever episode of with the same title?
Using the example above, with no conflict..it would record both the 7 and 11 pm airings even though the are the same exact episode?

I am still a little lost on this...
For instance: Say i set "hells kitchen" for first run
a new episode is on this week, the first one is one at 7pm on Thursday (hypothetical), and there is a conflict with two other shows that are recording at that time.

BUT, a repeat of that "new" show is on again later that night at say 11, will it then record THAT one? Or does it literally only record the very first show that is aired.

And if i set to repeats, will it actually record ever episode of with the same title?
Using the example above, with no conflict..it would record both the 7 and 11 pm airings even though the are the same exact episode?

Without the conflicts, I think it would only record it the first time, but I cannot confirm this (give it a try and let us know, I rarely record more than one thing at a time.

IF you set it to "BOTH" it will record ALL with that title, so you will get a lot of seconds and thirds, provided the same show is on that often.

In your first exapmle with two other shows set to record, it would go by where you have your "Prioritizes " set .... Thats exactly what the Prioritizer is for !

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts