DELETING PTAT RECORDINGS AFTER 8 DAYS IS A PROBLEM

RichBrubaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I feel a little stupid that I can't figure this out.

I either protected or saved the American Idol programs from PTAT and cannot delete them. They are listed by program folder and most are older than 8 days.

When I select an individual episode in the folder, the delete option is not present.

What am I doing wrong?

I have some shows from April. I think I have at least half a dozen shows that didn't erase. they only show up under the primetime anytime section.

It's not very user friendly. I am somewhat tech savey so it's frustrating. Not a huge problem until more recordings do the same,

You have not watched the commercials yet. The networks will not allow you to delete the recordings until you have watched the commercials :)

Sent from my new iPad using SatelliteGuys

Zach. They only appear in the PTAT folder. I have tried saving them to the DVR but I still cannot delete from the PTAT folder.

Very mysterious and others seem to have the same problem. Could this be a problem that needs to be fixed with a software update?

Zach. They only appear in the PTAT folder. I have tried saving them to the DVR but I still cannot delete from the PTAT folder.

Very mysterious and others seem to have the same problem. Could this be a problem that needs to be fixed with a software update?

Can you please send me a PM with your account number, software version and examples of what recordings are in there? Please include the date of the recording if possible.

I NEVER watch the commercials on my recorded shows and have not had any problems deleting non-PTAT recorded shows.

You have not watched the commercials yet. The networks will not allow you to delete the recordings until you have watched the commercials :)

LOL, that would be a good workaround for the networks to include in their retrans agreements. And I don't mean "good" for the customer.

I NEVER watch the commercials on my recorded shows and have not had any problems deleting non-PTAT recorded shows.
:facepalm

Last edited:
chrimiller48 said:

I was joking ;)

I am having the same issue. I have about a half dozen or so that will not delete. Was there anything that came ut of the PM for the original poster?

B_Kranski said:
I am having the same issue. I have about a half dozen or so that will not delete. Was there anything that came ut of the PM for the original poster?

I chatted with Dish Support and they have no solution at this time.

I submitted a technical problem report to hopefully escalate this issue. If you are having this issue can you please send me a PM with your account number and the examples of the recordings that haven't deleted? Can you also include the date it was recorded?

PM sent. Thanks for the help.

I was considering moving all my shows to a HDD and then seeing how to do a factory reset is it is possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)