GEOSATpro Deleting tps without deleting the channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
I have probably 2000 tps on my receiver and was wondering is there a way to delete the tp but leave the channel? I have a nice list made up and alot of channels renamed but dont want to lose the channels just want to be able to dump all the tps. On receivers before I would dump the tp and the channel would still stay up. On this receiver I notice when I delete a tp the channel disapears.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

you can't

If the transponder is removed that also removes any associated channels. There are other receivers that work the same way

ok thanks iceberg. I guess that sucks! I wish i knew how many tps is too many to keep without possibly effecting the receiver. I hate deleting all my channels saved because I am trying to see what channels are being used full time for feeds like sports teams and such.

thanks

What receiver keeps the channel after deleting the associated transponder? I have never observed the ability to preserve a channel if the tuning parameters are removed and don't understand how it would be possible.

What receiver keeps the channel after deleting the associated transponder? I have never observed the ability to preserve a channel if the tuning parameters are removed and don't understand how it would be possible.

Exactly my thoughts....would like to know how that worked. Like taking the engine out of a car. The car is still there, but it won't work.

Pansats do. My 1500 does as did the 3500, 5000, 6000, and 9200
If I remember right the Coolsats did (not the 4/5/6000 but the 6100/7100/8000/8100)

Any new receivers? Dont know honestly

i thought that was the way to do it on the azbox. you can't just delete one channel without cleaning all the channels on the satellite. so i thought i could just delete the transponder the unwanted channel was on and it wouldn't be in the way. but after i got the microhd i don't use the azbox much anymore... charlie

Removing TPs in my Openbox S10 is not an issue.

What does this have to do with the thread topic? I have an Openbox S10 and if I delete a transponder all the channels with that associated transponder are deleted also.

ke4est said:
What does this have to do with the thread topic? I have an Openbox S10 and if I delete a transponder all the channels with that associated transponder are deleted also.

What I mean is it does delete associated channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)