AZBOX sata drive unavailable after power down / power up...

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Noticed this with the Ultras I have, seems with the latest AzBox firmware. After powering down the receiver and later powering it back up, after it boots there is no internal sata drive available even though it is installed and plugged in exactly as it was when powered down. It comes back though if you do a re-boot from the shut down menu. Not a major problem but an inconvenience if you left your receiver set to record and forgot the power had gone off (causing a shut down) and weren't home to do the re-boot. Seems each time it is powered down it forgets it has the extra drive.

Is this a common problem within the ultra and premium units?
-C.

Certain drives seemed to have this problem, mine included. It is a WD10EARS 1TB drive. What I believe is happening is the the drive hasn't totally finished booting when the AZBox checks for a hard drive, and then the AZBox never checks again. Nine times out of ten it doesn't find it on a cold boot-up, but always finds it on the soft reboot. Has happened since I got it (October 2010) and through various firmware versions.

Thanks Keith, makes sense... I don't shut it down very often but the last time I was away I had a record sked that failed because we had a power outage that was long enough for the UPS to run out of power and everything shut down. Mine is a 1tB as well can't remember the model.

Keith, I have a WD 1T drive also, I think it is the same model as yours. I have the same experiences, some of the time. Mine does boot correctly part of the time, but frequently requires a reboot. I think that you are correct in your assessment of the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)