Dell Streak Marketing Targets

The problem with the 5" Streak is that it really is just a large Android Phone. It can make phone calls. You can't hand a device that makes phone calls out to kids in class rooms. Teachers and School admin maybe, but not kids. And at only 5" it is to small for what a teacher or admin staff would want to do with it.

I'm waiting for a Android/Chrome tablet with WiFi only for less then $300 and a decent processor and screen resolution higher then today's android cell phones.

Well, it's a half-full vs. half-empty type of discussion.

You are right, it's just a blown up phone, uses the same resolution, 800x480.
But for example, I find a 3.7" Nexus One a bit too small for reading e-books. Or use as a GPS in a car. Or use RDP.
I believe this 5" Streak will be the perfect size for that. A 7" would be even better but then you'd need a special pocket for it...

If the schools/education market does get interested in it - subject to removing cell capabilities - I think it will take Dell one afternoon to satisfy them.
I just hope that thing isn't too exotic to wait for Froyo for another year...

Diogen.

I agree on the size issue. I have a Verizon Droid and screen and form factor are a little small for reading e-books and surfing the web. I'd actually like someting a little bigger then you, in the 7"-10" range with no Cell Phone cabilites, WiFi Only and a price starting around $199 to around $4-500 for a fully equipped version similiar to current netbook pricing and I'd buy one.

Amazon introduces the Kindle 3

Just because its cool.... the history of the first digital camera

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)