Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Saw this channel last night, and actually it was pretty good. I also noticed Lyngsat has updated this in their site today.

Check it out for yourselves.

Intelsat Americas 5 a.k.a T5

Transponder 26 - 12152 H, SR 20000-3/4

Deluxe Music page

Very cool find. If I am reading their website correctly, this is a German station and it will be free of charge! Very nice.

They also have it on the net here ? DM

And they also mention the footprint which goes past Guatemala's southern border.

Attachments

• footprint_us.jpg
    footprint_us.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 201
Quite interesting! German channel playing almost 100% black music :)
Too bad it's on IA5 and it takes more than 20 seconds for the positioner to move the dish to The Tube on G10R, can't do much flipping back and forth :)

beeb said:
Too bad it's on IA5 and it takes more than 20 seconds for the positioner to move the dish to The Tube on G10R, can't do much flipping back and forth :)

Time to add a second dish, eh?

I'm installing #3 this weekend... free Primestar dish, mount and pole I picked up for free from a generous satelliteguys member today.

This channel brings memories of that greek music channel MAD that was on Tarbs (on G10R) before they went belly up. I used to have MAD playing in the background all day long.

I watched Deluxe for around an hour on Saturday. It was pretty good. Kinda' the same as the tube in regards to the type of artists and time span. Only big difference was the predominance of European artists. Lots of songs I didn't know from artists that I knew, because they were not hits here in the states.

beeb said:
We have a lot of radio stations in Berlin and Germany with black music. MTV Central (MTV for Germany and Austria) and VIVA Television (also part of the VIACOM group) brings a lot of black music.
France has an own black music channel. It's called "ZIK" ... daily black music videos and nightly XXX videos ;)

A Great new FTA channel!

Just watching it right now, the picture and sound quality are first class. I will reserve judgement on the content for now until I get a chance to watch it a bit more. I have just come across a few new music channels on C-Band so my music video time has been spread rather thin recently.

I am enjoying the Euro content : )

In the hour I watched on Saturday, I only saw one video by a black artist. Being a big Queen fan, I am hoping they get more play on Deluxe than they do on The Tube.

I must have watched an R&B period when I said there's "almost 100% black music" on Deluxe. After a more detailed observation I have to withdraw my statement. I ususally record like 12 hrs from a music video channel on the hard drive of my HTPC and watch it at my leisure, skipping the videos I don't like. With The Tube I need to skip more than 60% of the videos, because their playlist is too thin and I've seen most of them a million times. Deluxe Music, on the contrary, is such a refreshing look at adult contemporary music from European point of view. It's been 4 days since I'm watching the first recording, I can't reach the end of it because I can barely find a song to skip. Some of the artists are well known, but lots of their songs have never seen North American release. And the last time I saw a music video of Modern Talking was 15 years ago!
This is my new favourite music channel!

Status
Please reply by conversation.