Denied TURBO

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
I'm a previous customer who tried to subscribe to turbo silver with an HDDVR and they said it was only available to new customers. I said I will have to subscribe to D* and they were all to happy about that. What is with this company?

I wish I had the faintest idea what was going on. I mentioned that limiting it to new customers was nonsense in another thread and got bashed by some semi-literate for it. Go figure.

The info/facts/news that Turbo is for new subs until Feb is ALL OVER this forum. Might want to check it out.

All of the folks who have Dish without HD and want to upgrade go to Direct TV as Dish is saying that do not want you.

PS if you have the current DISH HD package why upgrade??

Last edited:
you have to only have mpeg4 recievers to be able to get turbo hd anyways. i know a lot of current subs right now only have mpeg4 receivers, but there are many who have a both mpeg2 and mpeg4. waiting until feb is ok with me, as my wife requires a lot of sations that are only in sd. maybe by feb we will have those channels avail in hd and the transition would be good for me. best bet for current customers would have been to sub to hd absolute(formerly known as hd standalone) yesterday and get grandfathered into it. i think that was cheaper then turbogold with platinum. but you cant get rsn's with absolute though. just stick it to feb, by then they will probably have more channels anyways.

Yes, yesterday my roommate was talking about switching to HD Absolute to lower his bill, and I said if you want to do it, do it NOW!! cause you won't be able to tomorrow. So he switched it. now he's grandfathered in, and in Feb can switch to HD Turbo Gold + Plat + Locals. It's all good.

Absolute= $29.99/mo

After Feb 2008 the equivilant will be
Turbo Gold $39.99 + Platinum $10 = $49.99/mo.

I am ready for the howls of discontent when some start getting their $20/mo price hikes! :)

See ya
Tony

Absolute= $29.99/mo

I am ready for the howls of discontent when some start getting their $20/mo price hikes! :)

I was looking at that last night but I'm OK with it. I knew they wouldn't be able to keep the HD Absolute price at 29.99 for very long. I'm happy to get the discount until February.

Mario

Absolute= $29.99/mo

See ya
Tony

For Me: Feb 2009
my service goes from HD Absolute to TurboHD Silver.
(BTW can existing subs take advantage of the DVR Advantage programs? - If so then my bill will go down at that point...)

I'm a previous customer who tried to subscribe to turbo silver with an HDDVR and they said it was only available to new customers. I said I will have to subscribe to D* and they were all to happy about that. What is with this company?

So you weren't really denied Turbo Silver, just denied a DVR as you weren't a new customer.

I'm with that other poster. I'd get it in a wife's name if possible.

Waiting may be a plus. They will have more HD, or so they say, by Feb.

I assume they will then roll us over into the package of our choice.

I can wait.

I was hoping to get my RSNs in HD by this time, but the Rockies are stinking it up this year, and the Avalanche will be well into the season by the time February rolls around, so I can wait. I find most of the games aren't in HD to begin with, hopefully that changes with this upcoming season.