Denon DBT-1713UD / Marantz UD 5007 Universal Players

Yeah, its def pricey. A UK site has more details, the US site does not even have specs listed yet for the 5007.

Coolest thing about the Marantz is a 3 year warranty. Im a little surprised they give that long on an optical player.

Chris over at big picture big sound asked if it was a Uniphier, and was told no. If you can find out what they are using in the Denon/marantz players that would be cool. I asked at Audioholics but no answer yet.
I should find out tomorrow. They're (Denon reps)just getting back from CEDIA.

S~

Denon customers expect a little more than the average Joe. They are geared more towards the custom crowd.

S~

So what is Marantz, the step up brand? I know some people feel the AVR's are just rebadged, but it seems Marantz is less bells and whistles and more meat where it counts. Id be willing to bet the players are the same, BUT, doesnt make sense for the $100 price difference.

Thanks for checking. The UK site says the Marantz 5007 has a 10bit ip scaler and 12 bit color, that sounds more like ABT, but noone says.

So what is Marantz, the step up brand? I know some people feel the AVR's are just rebadged, but it seems Marantz is less bells and whistles and more meat where it counts. Id be willing to bet the players are the same, BUT, doesnt make sense for the $100 price difference.

Thanks for checking. The UK site says the Marantz 5007 has a 10bit ip scaler and 12 bit color, that sounds more like ABT, but noone says.
Could be any chipset. Anyways, the Marantz comes with an HDMI cable. Could be a Monster. Makes it worth it right there ;)

S~

Sorry, but any player must have an Amazon streaming option for me to consider them anymore. No NF streaming for me.

I discovered some warranty variance:

Denon -
AVR 2yrs
AVR CI 3yrs
Blu Player 1yr

Marantz -
Reference Series 5yrs
AVR 3yrs
Blu Player 3yrs

Well, I couldnt help myself, I bought the newly released UD5007. Will report back in a few days on thoughts. Lemme know if you get any chipset feedback.

Hehe.

Now that I got all this nice looking gear, I want a little more look in the player dept. I was thinking Oppo's new model for awhile now, but to be honest, they really didnt change the look any so that turned me off. I figure if this thing sucks, Ill return it and wait on the 103. I love the 500, but it just looks so wimpy in there with everything else.

I was really eyeing that Denon 1713, but the Marantz looks better to me. Everything in front is black, even the speakers since I put the grills on, except that shiny little 500.

Still can't find any real specs, and the manual is not online yet, but I did find a flyer from 8/8/12 that notes it comes with a Source Direct mode, glad to hear that. I actually used that on the Oppo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)