Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
Denver Broncos football player shot, killed

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-6315421,00.html

WASHINGTON, Jan 1 (Reuters) - Denver Broncos football player Darrent Williams was killed in a drive-by shooting early on Monday and two people with him were injured, ABC television reported.

Williams, 24, was riding in a limousine in downtown Denver after 2 a.m. (4 a.m. EST/0900 GMT) when shots fired from another vehicle hit him and a man and woman also riding in his car, ABC television reported.

"It is a terrible tragedy," National Football League spokesman Greg Aiello told Reuters. "We don't know all the details yet, but we are reaching out to the Broncos to offer our support."

Denver Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano told the station that police had telephoned the Broncos and told them that Williams had died. It was not known how badly the other two people were injured.

The shooting occurred just hours after the Broncos were eliminated from the playoffs with a 26-23 overtime loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
Williams was in his second season with the Broncos coming out of Oklahoma State University as a second round draft choice.

The 5-foot-8 (1.7 metres), 188-pound (85.4-kg) cornerback started nine games in 2005, the most by a Denver rookie at that position since 1975. He had two interceptions in 2005 and four this season.

My condolences are offered. I have always liked Williams as a player. I admit I don't know much about him but it's always sad to hear about stuff like this and it's magnified when you know who the person is.

My deepest condolences and prayers go out to his friends and family.

I hope the guy(s) who did it are brought to justice expediently.

Well I for one a awaiting sympathy or judgments. As more comes out about this incident; more is being said about it being at a late night club party, likely for Kenyon Martin's B-day (of the DEN Nuggets) and that is was a heated dispute that boiled over. This is becoming an near epidemic. Young men, too much time, too much money, and too much machismo, with big mouths.

Well I for one a awaiting sympathy or judgments. As more comes out about this incident; more is being said about it being at a late night club party, likely for Kenyon Martin's B-day (of the DEN Nuggets) and that is was a heated dispute that boiled over. This is becoming an near epidemic. Young men, too much time, too much money, and too much machismo, with big mouths.

You are right on the money there. These young men, for ALL PROFESSIONAL sports, are gonna have to realize that with ALL that money, they become targets...they are gonna have to realize that some of the "boyz" from back home are not in the best interests and will HAVE to start 'hangin' out with more positive people.

This is tragic, he was a good player and from what I understand a fine young man too.

This was big news in Oklahoma, as he was an OSU player. Even if he was out clubbing, that's no reason for his limo to be riddled with bullets. I hope the perps are caught and put away for good.

You are right on the money there. These young men, for ALL PROFESSIONAL sports, are gonna have to realize that with ALL that money, they become targets...they are gonna have to realize that some of the "boyz" from back home are not in the best interests and will HAVE to start 'hangin' out with more positive people.

True and when they go clubbing either have private rooms, rent the whole club with invitation only or just go to clubs in better areas of the cities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts