Denver Network Stations...help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dazzling

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Hi guys.

You were all so helpful when I had problems last year getting my dish sorted out I thought you might be able to help me again. :)

I pay for my service and have a package which includes the "Rocky Mountain 8". These are the network (NBC, ABC, CBS, etc.) channels out of Denver. I have been very happy watching shows like "Life" and other things I have been missing for a long time.

About 3 weeks ago, I turned on the set and went to watch something on NBC and couldn't get a signal. Does anyone know if these channels have been moved? I've tweaked with my settings as much as I can. (I even had the installer have a look at it today when he was here putting up another section of tower for my broadband service and he couldn't find it either.)

I know you guys know a LOT more than my installer ;) and hope you can help me out again. TYIA

I just checked I dont subscribe to them but there all there with a 84 signal quality by me. Must be on your end. See if you can get ch 751 that's ITC on W1. May need to check your dishes alignment, polarity, etc.

I get "O/V" on W1 - 175. :(

I think I'm in the wrong part of the sky and will have to fiddle around with it tomorrow (I'm at work now.)

Thanks. I will have to check it again tomorrow. I don't know if that was a typo by me or I actually checked the wrong channel. :confused:

As usual, I am at work again. The installers finally showed up to "fix" my broadband internet problem ($1k worth of tower later)...soooo, no time to even turn the tv on today! (The broadband is actually why I hooked up my BUD again since they took down my tv antenna and I lost all 3 channels. :D)

Checked again, it was a typo on my part. Get "o/v" on W1, 751.

The signal strength on W1, 505 is 72-76 and quality is 0. I am able to pull in the satellites on either side of W1 with no problem, but this one is giving me issues. (It did come in fine until about 4-6 weeks ago and then "poof" it was gone.)

Also, I find that Sci-Fi is very iffy at times. It seems I have to constantly adjust it. Is this a problem with me/my system or just the fact that the bird is in a bad position?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Checked again, it was a typo on my part. Get "o/v" on W1, 751.

The signal strength on W1, 505 is 72-76 and quality is 0. I am able to pull in the satellites on either side of W1 with no problem, but this one is giving me issues. (It did come in fine until about 4-6 weeks ago and then "poof" it was gone.)

Also, I find that Sci-Fi is very iffy at times. It seems I have to constantly adjust it. Is this a problem with me/my system or just the fact that the bird is in a bad position?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have no problems with any of the W-1 and X-4 channels. Quality is high and channels are stable. There is something that is wrong on your end. It's not a satellite issue.

Things I would check:

Make sure your alignment (azimuth , elevation & declination) are perfect.

Check the focal, length, F/D ratio and feedhorn centering.

Coax & connectors, receiver and LNB's

If all is well with the above I would check to see of something may be blocking or interfering with those birds on your end.

One last thing the Denver mux uses a 7/8 FEC which has very little error correction. Just like with the HBO's on G-1 they require everything right to work.

i agree tvropro something is slightly off .... trying to list things you should try in the order i would check

1) line of sight clear
2) if you have the ability to retune the satellite with the receiver thats a quick method.
3) feedhorn obstruction clear.
4) coax ends are next (replacing with compressions is a good idea).
5) then onto retuning the dish. Make sure your alignment (azimuth , elevation & declination) are perfect. Check the focal, length, F/D ratio and feedhorn centering.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts