Design & Construction of Offset Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
nelson, what's going now ?

Your must be psychic. I've been ciircling in for a month or so figuring out what to do and re-started yesterday.

It is unbelievably hot working in front of it and that limits works to early mornings or in the evening. That really slows things down.

Got everthing up and a fair signal but not nearly up to spec. The problem revolves around a slight flexing that creeps in when elevating it from horizonatal to the desired elevation. I have not been able to chase it out. The problem is how to add strenghteners without adding so much weight that a reasonable sized crew can not erect it.

Expect to have another iteration to try in about a month.

Your must be psychic. I've been ciircling in for a month or so figuring out what to do and re-started yesterday.

It is unbelievably hot working in front of it and that limits works to early mornings or in the evening. That really slows things down.

Got everthing up and a fair signal but not nearly up to spec. The problem revolves around a slight flexing that creeps in when elevating it from horizonatal to the desired elevation. I have not been able to chase it out. The problem is how to add strenghteners without adding so much weight that a reasonable sized crew can not erect it.

Expect to have another iteration to try in about a month.

Based on the heat you are experiencing in front of it, if things don't work out you could have one hell of a solar heater! Pun intended :D

First, I'm here to do it What are the results of the reception of the dish? What is the focal length of the dish?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts