Desperately in need of help to prevent spousal unit discontent (i.e. Wife is MAD!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onesys01

Original poster
May 20, 2009
Salt Lake
I have been subscribing to TANTV Korean TV for my Korean wife for over 3 years. I have no intention of cancelling the subscription and would simply like to use the information already on the subscription card I pay for with them, 29.95 a month. I purchased the Sonicview ELITE PVR with intention to record the channels I am already paying for. I was surprised to find there was no slot to put my access card in and so no quick solution for continuing access with the new reciever. I have discovered that inside the box there is a way to programmatically enter information about the card. The format is Viaccess 2.5 or 2.6 as that is what the card has for access. I guess what I need to know, is how to pull information from the card to enter into the PVR so I can continue watching Korean TV with the new device. So to summarize.

I am receiving Korean TV from AMC4 with a subscription card from TANTV.
I have a new receiver with no card slot to insert the sub card into.
The card is viaccess formatted and has a printed number on it that is some kind of serial number.
The box has a place to put in viaccess codes.
I don't know how to find out what codes to put in there.
The new box does see all of the channels when I do a search.

I've posted the general question before with no response. If I can't find an answer to this situation, the box is absolutely useless to me. SonicView support won't even chat with me, all my questions go unanswered with the canned response about them not being able to help me do something illegal. Well, my friends there is nothing illegal about this. When I call the service provider for help, they seem inept yet sympathetic and have no idea how to do it. In fact, what they do is ask me to document the procedures so that they can assist their other customers that would like to have PVR access. It comes down to this works or it doesn't and if it doesn't, even the manufacture has stated they would not allow me to return the box.

The reason it's useless to me is because TANTV comes over AMC4 and it doesn't really have any FTA and the few it does are vietnamese and crap.

SO PLEASE!! I AM BEGGING ALL YOU GENIUSES, HELP!!!!

Oh, and stay smiling.

if it takes a card then you need a receiver that can support the card. Thats really the only way to keep the subscription programming

The GEOSATpro DVR1100c and the Visionsat IV-200 support the TANTV IRDETO subscription cards and feature USB2.0 drives for recording functions.

The GEOSATpro DVR1100c and the Visionsat IV-200 support the TANTV IRDETO subscription cards and feature USB2.0 drives for recording functions.

Do you happen to know anyone that sells these and actually has them in stock? All of the advertising seems to send me back to the unit I purchased. Sigh, also, what about dual tuner? Looks like neither of these have that, :(

Do you happen to know anyone that sells these and actually has them in stock? All of the advertising seems to send me back to the unit I purchased. Sigh, also, what about dual tuner? Looks like neither of these have that, :(

Hint: SatelliteAV is your answer.:D

Sounds like your new box is hacked. Shouldn't be a 'place to put access codes' into a new receiver with factory software. And, lots of these fta boxes have slots, but no real card reader inside.
The Geosatpros models are prob the best bet for your needs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.