Details of the MLB CBA that both the players and the owners agreed to...

Agreed there are no conferences. The same divisions that are there now will still be there. Selig modified the formula for home field but it was NEVER best record. It is a reaignment and a new playoff formula with more interleague play. that is all it is.

Maybe the best thing could have been to keep the Astros in the NL,expand the AL by 2 teams(but which 2 new cities would qualify for expansion?),then both the AL & NL would be 16 teams each. Then you could have 4 divisions in the AL & NL(North,East,South,West) made up of 4 teams each.

Again there is no Conference stuff, there will be an American League with three five team divisions there will be a National league with three five team divisions.

All 6 division Winners will qualify for the playoffs. The two best records from each league after the Division Winners will also qualify for a One Game Playoff with winner advancing to face the best record team of their respective league.

best thing about it to my way of thinking it puts the division Winners on a better path than the Wild card participants.. Way it should be IMO.

Hope all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The year after they go to 2 conferences with 15 teams, isn't that all but a done deal ? (2013 ?)

Again there is no Conference stuff, there will be an American League with three five team divisions there will be a National league with three five team divisions.

All 6 division Winners will qualify for the playoffs. The two best records from each league after the Division Winners will also qualify for a One Game Playoff with winner advancing to face the best record team of their respective league.

best thing about it to my way of thinking it puts the division Winners on a better path than the Wild card participants.. Way it should be IMO.

Hope all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Exactly!!!

Sandra

Maybe the best thing could have been to keep the Astros in the NL,expand the AL by 2 teams(but which 2 new cities would qualify for expansion?),then both the AL & NL would be 16 teams each. Then you could have 4 divisions in the AL & NL(North,East,South,West) made up of 4 teams each.
Expand?? The talent is diluted enough now, that's the last thing MLB needs...

SandraC said:
Exactly!!!

Sandra

Till next year ...
Then when Bud steps down, the basball world will fall apart because of his great move to make 2 conferences.

Thanks Bud :-[

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

The year after they go to 2 conferences with 15 teams, isn't that all but a done deal ? (2013 ?)

There are no conferences. There will still be two leagues with three divisions each. The only real changes are the movement of the Astros and what looks like increased interleague play, and a revised playoff format to accomodate the addition of another wild card in each league. I agree that tit looks like teams within a division will not play a common schedule but sadly that has been the case for awhile. but there is nothing in any article I have seen about having conferences instead of leagues----and Iit is unclear to me why it would matter if they DIS call them conferences instead of leagues.

What is the point of continually repeating all of this nonsense about conferences?

There are no conferences. There will still be two leagues with three divisions each. The only real changes are the movement of the Astros and what looks like increased interleague play, and a revised playoff format to accomodate the addition of another wild card in each league. I agree that tit looks like teams within a division will not play a common schedule but sadly that has been the case for awhile. but there is nothing in any article I have seen about having conferences instead of leagues----and Iit is unclear to me why it would matter if they DIS call them conferences instead of leagues.

What is the point of continually repeating all of this nonsense about conferences?

SERIOUSLY!!!

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts