Detroit DMA Fox2 Picture blanking? Anyone else?

Well, more time pass's and its as bad as ever. I contacted the station as well as dishquality and still no resolution.

Think DIRT can get anything done?

Phil

I watch fox 2 news in the morning and don't see any issues. I will pay more attention though

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I watch fox 2 news in the morning and don't see any issues. I will pay more attention though

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Its only the HD 129 feed, seems certain commercials as well as during the weather portion where it most obvious but can happen at anytime.

Just got this from dish..

Dear Phil,

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

I wanted to let you know I did confirm the problem that you are experiencing on WJBX. I opened a Discrepancy Ticket and escalated the issue to our Locals Engineering Team. They are currently working with the provider to get the problem resolved. If I receive any updates concerning this channel I will be sure to get you updated as soon as possible

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued

customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation

Quality Assurance Department

dishquality@echostar.com

Just got this from dish.. Dear Phil, Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service. I wanted to let you know I did confirm the problem that you are experiencing on WJBX. I opened a Discrepancy Ticket and escalated the issue to our Locals Engineering Team. They are currently working with the provider to get the problem resolved. If I receive any updates concerning this channel I will be sure to get you updated as soon as possible We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer. EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation Quality Assurance Department dishquality@echostar.com

I hope he looks at WJBK and not WJBX . WJBX is in Florida. Anyway hopefully he knows you are in the Detroit area

The issue is still there. NASCAR on fox is almost done for the season, after that I won't care... but this is getting annoying.. difficult to watch. I can't imagine that this would be that difficult to solve. Must not be very high on the priority list of things to fix. Disappointed.

Over a month and as horrible as ever. You would think with this kind of time it would/should have been addressed.
Anyone have any other options other than walking with my $180 a month to someone else?

Basically the same problem here in Mobile, Al. with FOX10 and WKRG5. Since I have both Dish And DirecTV here at my house, I can say it is ONLY on Dish that the problem occurs. DirecTV has no blanking issues.. But Dish is horrible with it.. I have 2 hoppers and 2 Joeys and the problem occurs at all locations. Audio never goes away for me.. Just the Video Blanking out or flickering out momentarily sometimes multiple times in a row.. Really aggravating. Fox10 seems the worse.. But it does do this on WKRG5CBS also.

Over a month and as horrible as ever. You would think with this kind of time it would/should have been addressed. Anyone have any other options other than walking with my $180 a month to someone else?

I would have Dish move you to the EA. But understand if you have superstations you might have a fight to keep them. Once you are switched I verify that they are still there

I would have Dish move you to the EA. But understand if you have superstations you might have a fight to keep them. Once you are switched I verify that they are still there
Are you assuming that the problem does not exist on 61.5 or where ever our local spot beams come from on the eastern arc?
It seems most prevalent when graphics are overlayed onto the content. Local weather, commercials and things like NASCAR etc is when at its worst.

Are you assuming that the problem does not exist on 61.5 or where ever our local spot beams come from on the eastern arc?
It seems most prevalent when graphics are overlayed onto the content. Local weather, commercials and things like NASCAR etc is when at its worst.
It sounds like it's a signal right on the "digital cliff". You said your OTA is fine and Claude said it's fine on Directv. Therefore, the problem must be with Dish. Whether that's at the LiL site or the fiber link to uplink, or the uplink, no one here will know. I agree a month is way too long for this problem to still be happening.

I haven't heard of graphics causing the entire signal to breakup. Although if there is an issue with something being out of alignment that might happen, but that would (should) be caught at the originating location.

So are you saying the HD Detroit DMA is going to be EA only soon? That would suck as I have no LOS to EA.

My understanding both DTV and DISH are distributed at the same facility. Also my understanding is that spots between 61.5 and 129 are linked together by Satellite and not separated uplinks to each Satellite. Since Detroit is sent to 61.5 and linked to 129 I would think that this issue might not be fixed since Detroit is only going to be on the EA in the future.

My understanding both DTV and DISH are distributed at the same facility. Also my understanding is that spots between 61.5 and 129 are linked together by Satellite and not separated uplinks to each Satellite. Since Detroit is sent to 61.5 and linked to 129 I would think that this issue might not be fixed since Detroit is only going to be on the EA in the future.

FYI

The Canadian feeds of the Detroit DMA is up linked in Port Huron a separate system than what is used by DTV or DIsh

Another month goes by with no resolution. I guess this is what big corporate America is like when something so simple is not addressed after months of acknowledging the issue.

I solved the all the Dish local channel/OTA freeze-ups, blank-outs, audio drop-outs, inability to record OTA with the dongle problems by picking up a Tivo Roamio last week with no upfront cost ($20 per month with a two year commitment, making the total cost for the Roamio $120 at the end of two years.) Works like a charm. I reduced my Dish bill by twenty bucks to make up for the Tivo subscription.

Funny, you'd think with the high percentage of viewing the local channels get, Dish would make them priority one, but I guess not.

For some reason I would experience no blinking during cosmos. A few blinks during family guy and american dad. But bobs burgers, simpsons, and my local fox2 weather report is horrible. If I was epileptic it would probably cause a seizure it so bad. The rest of the newscast is fine. Just does it during the weather. Its really annoying and should have been fixed by now

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Agreed on Fox2 Weather being the WORST and the commonality with PM network being better vs AM Locally generated content are more troublesome.

Mine have been working fine from Washtenaw county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)