Deutsche-Welle TV/Ala-Carte or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

T_N_T

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
Hendersonville,TN
So I have the German Mega Pack just to get DW-TV, the DW TV website says I can receive it ala-carte, but Dish Network keeps telling me that is not possible.

This is copied from here

[URL="http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,6588807,00.html"]]USA: Reception information | Reception | Deutsche Welle | 09.08.2011http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,6588807,00.htmlHome / DW-TV EUROPA: Reception

[h=2]RECEPTION | 09.08.2011[/h][h=1]USA: Reception information[/h]

[h=4]Here you will find all of the current information about receiving DW programming in USA.[/h]

Internet
You can tune in to DW’s radio and television programming live, as a podcast or on-demand at Home | Deutsche Welle. These services are also available for mobile handsets.

The live stream for DW-TV Asia+ is available in the USA.

Direct-to-home via satellite
AMC-1
INTELSAT-9

DW partners
Satellite
DISH Network
(à la carte or in the German package with ProSiebenSat.1 Welt, EuroNews, German Kino Plus und My Sports Germany):

Cable:
Time Warner Cable
Verizon
Comcast

There are additional stations that have DW programming in their line-up. Please ask your provider for more details.

DW-RADIO is not broadcast via shortwave to North America.

SEND US AN E-M[/QUOTE]

----

So which is it?

[/URL]

Hi, I do not know why the website would list this channel as being available ala carte. I have verified that this channel is on available as a part of the Germany Mega Pack.

It sounds as if the DW website should correct itself. It, obviously, is not available on Dish Network as an a-la-carte channel...

That is straight from the Deustche Welle website as well, which makes it all the more confusing to me.
If DISH Network says they don't offer the channel ala carte, don't take someone else's word otherwise. Deutsche Welle has missed the wave in this instance.

The Pentagon Channel announced that they would be carried in HD by DIRECTV this year. Don't count on that happening either.

Last edited:
The site is just outdated. Dish used to offer DW-TV al'carte (and some other German channels) but they bundled them/changed after ProSieben and Kino channels came to dish. ...The price used to be less too!

Hoa's and c band dishes don't mix well

Yeah and you got a weed in your yard! Also, you need to paint your house! But, we must approve the color! One more thing, "no overnight parking on the street"! :D
Gawd, im glad i payed a little more for my house without an HOA than one with!:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)