devices for steaming tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tuxedo

Original poster
Oct 31, 2015
Victoria
I have done some research and read a few books and am still wondering which is the best way to stream tv. I live in Canada where a lot of the content is US based. I got the books TV without Cable and XBMC: Build your very own entertainment system in XBMC but still have concerns because I am basically illiterate when it comes to this technology. Our cable bills here are atrocious and I would like to get off the grid with cable and just stay with internet for TV watching. Can anyone help me figure out which way to go?

I have done some research and read a few books and am still wondering which is the best way to stream tv. I live in Canada where a lot of the content is US based. I got the books TV without Cable and XBMC: Build your very own entertainment system in XBMC but still have concerns because I am basically illiterate when it comes to this technology. Our cable bills here are atrocious and I would like to get off the grid with cable and just stay with internet for TV watching. Can anyone help me figure out which way to go?

Decide what operating system you like then choose from there.....Apple, Android, or Windows...
Ive been buying dual boot, which have Android/windows...

You can do XBMC with minimal knowledge of technology. If you can read you can be successful. There is a neat little device called a RaspberryPi. It is a micro computer a bit bigger than a deck of cards. They boot off of an SD card and can be set up to boot off an sd card and use a thumb drive for storage. Anyway I think if you do a bit of research you might find it is a very simple and inexpensive solution to cord cutting.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

I'm showing my age now, and YOU might not get the reference, but with that forum username it would have been cool if you lived in Tennessee! lol :D

The best all-around streaming device bar none, is the Roku3. I would start with that, and you can go from there. It has so much to offer, you won't have time for much else.

Specifically what kind of "TV" are you looking for?

US broadcast and/or network TV over the Internet aren't trivial in a country that expressly prohibits their import.

There is a huge divide in how you obtain content between KODI and something like Apple TV, Fire TV or Roku. KODI typically streams from a local server so you need to set up a server to gather and send the content that you're seeking. If you can't receive the desired content on a computer, a KODI-powered device isn't going to help.

I am using the tivo ota, its now being sold with a larger hard drive and lifetime service for 400 bucks. it truly intergrates OTA by antenna with all the streaming services

That's how I cook my hard cooked eggs. MUCH easier to peel. Boil water under steaming basket, pop in eggs straight from fridge, 12-14 mins, put in cold water in sink for 15 mins.

I'm sure it would do just as good a job on any TV, if it's not too large!

;)
:oldwink

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)