DG380 problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whodart

Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Pictures were requested from another member, so I figured others also wanted them and the weather got better, so here they are. Notice in picture #66 that the bolt could not be reinserted without moving of the elevation adjustment.

Hey, vfrjim. I installed a 1.m fortec dish on a DG380 motor with the QPH031 LNBF yesterday. All went well until I tried to tweak the arc settings. The Mercury II receiver has the USALS or Diseqc features. I am at long 92.1 and tried to go to sat at 91°. Set up all the parameters according the receiver manual and told it to go, and it did: it went all the way east until the limiter stopped it. That's where it still is today. I cannot get it to go back west with the incremental buttons on the bottom of the motor or with the the go to zero command, or by trying to go to a sat at 93°. I have asked Sadoun about it but no reply yet. Asked a friend about it and he said there was a little hole in the bottom of the motor that you could insert a tool and reset the motor, then manually move it back to zero. The DG380 book has two options to get motor to reset, but they don't work either. I have 13v to the motor but the leds don't blink and the motor won't move, although I can hear the relays clicking inside the motor. You have any suggestions? Regards

Dave E
N L Rock AR
:confused:

Go out to the motor and press the button to drive the motor West while pushing slightly on the motor or dish and see if that moves the motor.

Been lurking over at Sadoun's Forum DVB Spanish section and I found a few people who are having problems with the DG380 and DG280 , the problem is described as 1.2 meter dish moving to either end of the arc and not being able to move back and or freezing up.

Someone came up with some type of solution , I'll try to find out more and post back here.

Last edited:
Sorry Dave, I just noticed this thread. I do not have any suggestions other then calling Sadoun. I've been all the way East and West without problems on my 1m Winegard. I do recommend being on a H transponder to get the most power when lifting the dish from an extreme E or W position though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)