DHA and Dishmover

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slingshot

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Hello all,

I'm about to set up an installation with Dish and I'm wondering about 1 thing. I will prob move sometime next year and I'm confused about the dishmover plan. Is this plan included in the dha or is it something extra I need to get after I get dish network? What do you guys think it's the best and cheapest way (hopefully free) to move?

Thanks in advance!

The cheapest way is to do it yourself. There's lots of support here to help you if you decide to do so.

The best way, is probably a Dishmover, which is not included with DHA, but is relatively cheap. I think it's like $50 for 2 rcvrs, $100 for 4. Don't quote me. But then you have to deal with installers, scheduling, taking time off.. etc.

I'd put up my own dish if I had the option.

If you subscribe to the Digital Home Protection Plan (DHPP $5.99) you can move once per year free.

If you select the 24 month commitment under the DHA, the DHPP is free, same plan as above applies.

If you enroll in ClubDish, they will send you a Free ClubDish mover coupon.

And finally, if none of those apply, you can get a free move if you agree to go on the credit card auto-pay plan and extend the contract with a 29.99 minimum package for a year.

Disclaimer: These rules are subect to change effective 10/31/2004

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.

Both of the posts below are good. Like bcshields stated, if you wish to try yourself there's a lot of support here. Really it's not that difficult, well a SuperDish is a bit more difficult, but a regular Dish 500 is a walk in the park.

Jason

Generally, your dish mover is $24.95 or free with CCA. However, you must bring your switch with you in the case of more than 2 tuenrs, or you may be charged for a replacement. ie - Quad, DP34, SW44, SW64, etc.

Hello all,

Thanks for all your responses!! I think going for a 1 year contract for DHA prob might be a cheap way to go. But how do you make the DHA 1 year (instead of month to month). I sort of went thru the sign up process, but didn't see anything about a 1 year contract. Do you guys know where to find that?

Thanks again!

slingshot said:
Hello all,

Thanks for all your responses!! I think going for a 1 year contract for DHA prob might be a cheap way to go. But how do you make the DHA 1 year (instead of month to month). I sort of went thru the sign up process, but didn't see anything about a 1 year contract. Do you guys know where to find that?

Thanks again!
At your local dealer, DISH'S CSR (Customer Service Representatives) won't learn about it for another couple weeks to months depending how much attention they pay at meetings. Don't expect much service from DISH.
:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)